Author Topic: DS got lemon juice on his chin and now it is red and blotchy...  (Read 1104 times)

MummyToBen

Hi

DS is 21 months, while we were baking he decided he would like to suck a lemon  :-X, and a couple of minutes later has come up with a bright red blotchy rash on his chin.  What does this mean, and is there anything I should do (apart from not let him suck any more lemons  ::))

Thank you

xx

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 224
Re: DS got lemon juice on his chin and now it is red and blotchy...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 15:01:58 pm »
Hmmm... No other symptoms at all? No hives? Nothing on his hand(s) holding the lemon? I wonder if the citric acid just irritated the skin on his chin where the juice would have dripped?
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline pinkism

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • who needs milk anyway?!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 19:24:59 pm »
Sid gets hives around his mouth with lemon, no other problems with it though. If he has milk or eggs it spreads down his trunk and arms but for some reason lemon is just a slight reaction. Same if he has lot of raw tomatoes.

Offline mickey44

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 25
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 19:28:14 pm »
This happens to my lo when she eats raw tomatoes...we went to the doctor and he said it is likely a contact allergy, so it's not bad just the skin reacts but she can eat it and it's fine.  We are going to an allergist to make sure but he told us she could still keep eating them.
Stacey

MummyToBen

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 20:05:21 pm »
Thanks ladies, he has eaten foods with lemon in before and been fine, so I'm guessing it was more if the 'contact' reaction then.  Thank you  xx