Author Topic: Snacks for 7 mo? (MPSI and gluten)  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Snacks for 7 mo? (MPSI and gluten)
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:01:22 pm »
Hi,

My DS has started to wake again at night for feeds. Need to increase his solid intake I think but am having trouble finding ways of getting more in him! He will practically eat anything put in front of him but spoon feeding is taking ages so whilst I can increase amounts of purees I would like to introduce more snacks/finger foods. Would LOVE to be able to give little pots of yoghurts, toast etc but can't  :-[. I have started to introduce fruit purees after savoury but he gets this for brekkie (with baby rice) and not sure if he should be getting fruit at every meal?

Has anyone any ideas??

Many Thanks  :)

scarlettsmom

Re: Snacks for 7 mo? (MPSI and gluten)
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 19:51:38 pm »
Hi there,

What about puffed rice?  The organic kind usually has nothing else in it (but make sure to look at ingredients!), and it's a great finger food.  So are peas.  Avocado chunks for the fat./calories?  I think fruit at every meal is just fine, but it's nice to try to balance it out.  Can be difficult w/food allergy kiddos though!  Baked sweet potatoes?  drizzled in olive oil for extra calories/fat (you can slice them up like big fries, and bake them on a sheet in the oven, great finger foods) ?

Hes pretty young, so don't know about meat just yet.  But those suggestions above might be a good start for now and then you can expand his food base in a couple of months.

Hope this helps!!

:-*

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 20:14:34 pm »
Thanks for your reply. I love the idea of sw pot chunks. He is still getting to grips with finger foods. Most of it ends up on the floor, Not sure how much goes in. Still it is all practice isn't it  :)

scarlettsmom

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 13:13:59 pm »
Oh yes, pretty much all practice at his age!  My dog loved this age w/both my girls, he had clean up duty and ate like a king, lol.

Btw -  you could always check out gluten free bread, or made your own with rice flour.   :)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 13:30:12 pm »
Funnily enough bought some GF bread yesterday. He loves it and he had no reaaction to it so great  ;D

Offline pinkism

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • who needs milk anyway?!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 09:57:26 am »
My DS is 8 months, we are doing baby led so might be a bit different but he loves dried fruit- particularly apricots; rice crackers; sweetcorn (takes him ages to pick up all the tiny bits); sticks of carrot/cucumber. Um thats all I can think of right now. I struggle with snacks for him. He pretty much lives off blueberries, strawberries and banana!

Offline pinkism

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 1
  • who needs milk anyway?!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 09:58:18 am »
Oh and (GF) toast with Pure spread so it's all soggy. He loves that :)

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2010, 10:29:52 am »
Ah yes - Pure spread is a godsend! Means I can eat cakes again! We are still on soggy finger really. Have tried apple/pear but he bites off the end and chokes. Peach/avacado just skid right out of his hand!