Author Topic: sandy poop for EBF baby--allergy?  (Read 2869 times)

Offline Peek-a-boo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 326
sandy poop for EBF baby--allergy?
« on: October 05, 2010, 20:03:48 pm »
I know that DS2 is reacting to certain legumes in my diet.  My DH is allergic to certain legumes, so when I made the connection, at first I cut out all legumes--including peanuts and chick peas, which DH doesn't react to.  Then, because DH doesn't react to peanuts and chick peas, I gradually, carelessly, let those back in my diet. 

DS2 started having mucous poops again, so I arbitrarily and simultaneously eliminated chocolate, peanuts, chickpeas, and tree nuts.  It worked--poops back to normal. 

I didn't really think it was chocolate, so I decided to challenge that first and I noticed that his poop developed a sandy texture. ???  It's not mucousy, but it looks like there are little grains of sand in his diaper and on his skin--put it's poop?  I don't recall seeing poop like this before.  Does this sound like a reaction to chocolate? 

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 249
Re: sandy poop for EBF baby--allergy?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 22:17:28 pm »
okay, so I just typed up a nice reply and Spencer deleted it on me!  Anyways, the gist of it was that she is having gritty poop too, and I hadn't really thought of it as a reaction (she does eat sand at daycare, but hasn't been there in 5 days).  I did let her have Happy Meal on the weekend (she is MPI and the nuggets & fries have whey in them) so maybe that is the problem. 

I would try taking the chocolate away and the reintroducing it to see if you get the same result. 
Heidi