Author Topic: 4 month sleeps ok until 4:30 am then frequent NW until 7 wake up time  (Read 811 times)

Offline Maly

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Can someone please shed some light as to why my 4 month old sleeps ok until 4:30 or so at night and then has constant night wakings. Some are 30 min apart some are 1 hour. I tried to just give paci and settle then wakes up again. He normally wakes up for a feed at around 3 am so it can't be hunger, but this morning by 5:30 he was crying so bad that I just offered bf and he took some food and fell asleep only to wake up 45 min or so later..

He goes to bed by 7:30 or 8 pm and we try to do a df at aroundn 11. Then he wakes up to eat around 2:30 - 3:00 am and goes right back to bed. The early morning wakings I can't figure out. Please help...

Tired mom and dad

Offline Mi Lea

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 4 month sleeps ok until 4:30 am then frequent NW until 7 wake up time
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 22:38:25 pm »
I have a similar problem. Hope someone can figure it out. It's exhausting!

Offline Marlen

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 22:38:09 pm »
Hope you don't mind me jumping in this post, but I have read that at 4am in the morning is the coldest time of the night, so maybe try adding some extra blankets than usual at bedtime!

bluegreenorange

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 22:54:58 pm »
I'm just going to put this out there: My LO does this when he has to poop.  That being said, he is restless and I can hear him moving but he rarely cries, so I just leave him to grunt it out.  Sometimes I hear when he finally gets it out and then don't here him again until 7am.

Thanks for the tip about the coldest part of the night.  That makes sense.