Author Topic: Stage 2 or thicker foods for a not quite 6 mo  (Read 845 times)

Offline Texomamama

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 15
Stage 2 or thicker foods for a not quite 6 mo
« on: February 24, 2011, 15:41:48 pm »
My DD2 is 5m3w old.  We have been on solids for about 2-3 weeks now.  I usually feed her a stage 1 fruit and veggie mixed together, with a little cereal mixed in to thicken and add a few calories.

The stage 1 foods are so thin and watery.  She is showing a definate preference for something a little thicker.  Has anyone fed a LO under 6 months those Stage 2 foods (or if making your own, adding some texture in)?

TIA

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Stage 2 or thicker foods for a not quite 6 mo
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 16:00:33 pm »
Mine started on quite thick food really, they got on better than the really thin stuff. We did a mix of finger foods and puree so the only "problem" as such was they found it hard to cope with some stage 2 foods which were purees with just lumps like peas it confused them. We moved onto a thicker texture and they had finger food rather than adding lumps to puree if that makes sense!

Laura

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
Re: Stage 2 or thicker foods for a not quite 6 mo
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 17:13:52 pm »
Thanks Laura.  I am going to the store today, so I will get her some Stage 2's, but not the desserts....you know, they have all these things with names like "custard", "crisps" etc.  Why do they have to start shoving that stuff down our throats so early.  Plenty of time for sweet stuff later.