Author Topic: Examples for a 6month old  (Read 1514 times)

scucci1979

Examples for a 6month old
« on: February 25, 2011, 16:09:08 pm »
Hi ladies

Wondering if you can provide me with some EASY examples of your six month old. I like to know what type and qty of solids. 
I want to lean more towards BLW but to my surprise, this little lady loves her purees. 

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 19:52:32 pm »
Hi Sabrina, not sure I'm much help since we didn't do purees, but here's a little bump instead.  ;)

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but you can check out sample routines for ideas on timing:
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=68458.0
http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=164253.0

You can offer any fruit and veg really, and if you want to incorporate meats now then I think that's fine too.  As for quantity, as much as she likes so long as she's drinking all her milk too is fine. 

Hopefully some others will be along soon.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline jesie

• Showing Appreciation 18
Re: Examples for a 6month old
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:51:21 am »
Hiya G had purees whilst weaning.

We started at 6 months with a week of 1 cube at 10am,
then a week of adding a cube at 2pm as this was when he had his bottles.
 I then moved the "meals" to breakfast and 12pm for lunch, leaving the bottles where they were.
Then on week 4 he was having breakfast, with milk, milk at 10 lunch at 12.30 milk at 2, tea at 5 with milk, milk at bed.

I started with 1 cube, and once he started to eat it all I added another cube, etc, always offering more than he ate so I knew he was having enough.

Once he was having 6 cubes and fruit for pudding, I moved his breakfast milk from a bottle to a cup and dropped his teq time milk completely.

When he got to 8 cubes, I stopped the cubes, bought lots of pots and cooked, portioned and froze meals.

TBH *bows head in shame* I haven't read the BW way to wean. But G was the last baby to wean out of both my real and virtual friends, yet he was the first to be on 3 meals with milk as a snack, not a meal (and he is the least fussy)

We started on veg: carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, swede, parsnip, cauliflower and broccoli, and peas.
Fruit: Apple, pear, banana, peach, mango.

My two angels will always live on in my heart June11, March12, sweet dreams xxx
[/url]

scucci1979

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 23:43:58 pm »
thanks. :-*

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 03:10:46 am »
Here is what we are currently doing ATM with mine, who will be 6 mo this week.  She gets (5) 7 oz bottles for a total of 35 oz, but I would say she actually consumes about 31-33 oz. The purees she is on include pear, apple, peach, prunes, squash and sweet potato.  I usually add cereal to thicken as she seems to do better with the thicker foods.  I am going to try adding avacado this week.

07:15 am- Bottle of 5-6 oz, because often, she only eats 4-5
09:45- Bottle (she has shifted to a bit of cluster feeding in the am)
10:00-11:30 Nap #1
11:30-12:30- 1/2 jar of pureed baby food (about 2 oz total)
2:00 - Bottle
2:00-5:00- Nap #2
5:15 pm- 1/2 jar of pureed baby food
7:15 pm- Bottle
10:15- Bottle (DF)

She often is very disinterested in the bottle first thing in the morning, even though it has been since the DF the night before that she last ate.  Next change on my agenda is to combine that bottle with the one she is getting at 9:45 and do just 1 around 9:00, thus dropping to 4 bottles.

How are your NW?

scucci1979

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 18:43:54 pm »
that does help. It seems like we rotate the same foods around. LOL.  ATM we are doing squash, sweet potato, peas, carrots, bananas, pears, applesauce.  I plan to try peaches and meats next.

Nws are getting better. Thank God. (i hope I didn't jinx myself) I think it was all b/c of her reflux.

Offline Texomamama

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 21:42:40 pm »
Glad to hear about the NW's.  Tried avacado today and that did not go over so well.  I thought I had mashed it well enough, but she gagged and spit it up. I felt bad.  Guess I will nix that one for a few weeks before trying again.  On Friday, a girlfriend is coming over and we are going to use her babyfood maker and make some new veggies. 

Prunes are a godsend.  I gave her a prune/oatmeal combo the other day since she hadn't pooped in two days, then left for a while a couple hours later, and she had a blowout.  I had to hose down the ExerSaucer and listen to my DH complain of the Post Traumatic Stress Disorder he experienced from changing her diaper.......::)

scucci1979

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 22:19:46 pm »
that is too funny.

I still have to try prunes.  I am so scared that it will make her extra gassy.