Author Topic: snacks  (Read 1241 times)

Offline mmom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 96
snacks
« on: February 26, 2011, 16:26:58 pm »
What do you offer for snacks at 9 months?
Kara

Offline ~inbalance~

• Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 19:48:24 pm »
We do yogurt, applesauce, rice or kamut puffs or rice cakes, fruit, healthy crackers or cookies, carrot sticks.  F gets pretty much the same stuff T gets.  Even if I don't give it to him he ends up stealing it anyway!  lol  ;)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline jesie

• Showing Appreciation 18
Re: snacks
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 21:04:59 pm »
At 9 months G was just having milk. I didn't add food in until I found he wasn't able to last until tea at about 12 months. He only has food at morning snack when at toddlers, and then its just a tiny bit of fruit cos he doesn't actually want it, just wants to sit up with the others.

My two angels will always live on in my heart June11, March12, sweet dreams xxx
[/url]

Offline mmom

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 22:07:02 pm »
Wow Martina!  F amazes me.  I really think C would eat ANYTHING I offered.  I am just so nervous with M's history. I just made zucchini/ carrot muffins, but with buckwheat flour for both of them.  I am afraid of trying wheat, eggs, or milk. :(
Kara

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 22:15:29 pm »
(((hugs))) Kara, I would be nervous given M's history as well.  I know F started out with a bit of a sensitive tummy, but I think because we took it slow and let him decide when to eat his system matured well and now he tolerates pretty much anything.

Do you know for sure if C is intolerant to anything?  What does his doctor say?  I would think you could start trialling some things, one at a time of course and giving lots of time in between. 

And I don't think F's eating habits are amazing.  You should hear what some of the other LOs on our BCs eat, I think Kim's Jack and Lyndsey's Colin with both eat just about anything offered to them in any way, shape or form!  I offer a lot, but F doesn't eat a heck of a lot.  But I do let him decide if he wants to eat it or not.
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline mmom

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:01:47 am »
C's doc would think I am crazy.  I am sure he would tell me to try things.  Maybe I will start trying more.  I have tried a real variety of fruits and veggies. But that is kind of where I got stuck.  Have you given F egg yolks?  I was thinking of trying those.
Kara

Offline ~inbalance~

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 14:14:50 pm »
I've given him scrambled eggs, just a little bit.  Yesterday he had a bit of omelette.  He hasn't eaten very much, just a few tiny bites, so not sure if it was enough to see if he was ok with it.  I keep meaning to hardboil an egg for him but I'm always so rushed to get breakfast done in the mornings.   ::)  Maybe I'll try it at lunch.  I know T was eating egg yolk almost every day by this age, I used to mix it with his fruit in the mornings. 
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010

Offline mmom

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 16:30:48 pm »
M was doing the same.  I think that will be my first "risky" food I try with C.
Kara