Author Topic: just starting... now poo-ing when he should be sleeping!  (Read 893 times)

Offline trimbler

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 37
just starting... now poo-ing when he should be sleeping!
« on: March 02, 2011, 16:54:38 pm »
Hi, anyone have any advice about this? My 5mo has just started on a little rice cereal at 'breakfast' and 'dinner' (but pears instead for breakfast this morning...) and the timing of his bowel movements has changed - is this likely to be related? The problem is, he's poo'd during naps and in the night (not during/just after a feed - he only has the dream feed now), and this is one of many interferences with his sleep! He doesn't make a big fuss about it though, but sometimes he'll stir a bit at night, could be up to an hour, and then go back to sleep - and then at the dream feed or morning we discover there's a bit of poo in there! Or he'll wake having just started a nap with a big poo that then sets the rest of the day off kilter. Do you think we need to alter the timings of the solid 'feeds' or what he's having? My plan at the moment is to introduce new foods for a few days at a time at 'breakfast', then have more familiar foods at 'dinner'. Btw he's been EBF up until now.

Our 'EASY' at the moment looks a bit like this:

(often EW)
E 0630
pears 0730ish
S 0840ish (variable - we have nap issues!)

E 1030
S starts any time 1130-1245, depending on previous nap

E 1415-1430 (start time varies depending on naps etc)
rice+EBM 1530ish [just moved this forward today - previously this was around 1700 after CN]
S (CN) starts any time 1530 - 1630 [this is why we've previously done rice earlier and will probably continue to do so if naps are bad]
A 1630-1700 (start time depends on CN, might do rice here as mentioned above)

E 1730-1800 (depending on how early we want bedtime!)
bath, then
S 1830-1930 depending... haven't managed to get this earlier yet but that's another story!

E 2200 or a bit later - dreamfeed

Any ideas what we could do to encourage bowel movements not to happen when DS should be sleeping would be appreciated!
TIA :)
PS He's not having very much at all yet, 1-2 tsps a time max
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 16:56:48 pm by trimbler »

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
Re: just starting... now poo-ing when he should be sleeping!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 19:36:19 pm »
I think this is probably normal and as his body adjusts to the solids you can expect bowel movements to be unpredictable.  As he gets more used to them he will probably become more predictable again.  I'm don't think I'd bother changing the timing as things will likely change on their own again as time goes by and depending on the kinds of foods you are introducing.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012