Author Topic: OT, UT or OS? How do you tell the difference??  (Read 903 times)

Offline monkeymom4

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
OT, UT or OS? How do you tell the difference??
« on: March 03, 2011, 14:14:14 pm »
My 12 week old dd is having trouble with her naps, sometimes she can go 1hr and 30mins withme helping her get past the 45 mins with shh/pat othertimes she wakes every 10-20 mins and i'm spending the entire sleep time trying to put her back to sleep. I don't really understand how she can have such different naps? So i was wondering if someone could help me figure out maybe shes ot? or ut? os? when shes waking every 10-20mins. When she wakes its a scream, and sometimes a quick soother back in the mouth or a reswaddle will help othertimes it takes 10-20 mins just to get her to close her eyes again. I know she's tired when she wakes up after 30 mins or so cause she so cranky and much happier after 1hr 30 mins or so.
Lately she also has been screeming as i put her to sleep really resisting me, at night its not a problem just during the day.

here was our routine yesterday - it was a difficult day

8:15 awake and eat
9:30-10:10; 10:20-10:30 - sleep (i indicated when she woke and how many times)
11:00 - eat
12:15-12:30; 12:40-12:55; 1:00-1:25; 1:35-1:45 - sleep
2:00 - eat
3:05-3:55; 4:00-4:20; 4:25-4:50 - sleep
5:00 - eat
6:20-6:40; 6:40-7:50 - sleep
8:00 -eat
9:00 - eat/bed

Any eyes on this and suggestions would be greatly appreicated

Offline mamatolevi

• Naps
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 31
Re: OT, UT or OS? How do you tell the difference??
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 03:12:04 am »
Bump :)
Nikki

Offline Smurfette

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Re: OT, UT or OS? How do you tell the difference??
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 04:20:39 am »
Hi there

I am no expert on this, but I feel your pain...I remember those kind of naps!!! I would think that she's OT if she's waking up crying, but again, I'm no expert and I hope someone else corrects me if they think otherwise.
Some other thoughts-can you bring up her bedtime a little earlier to help her get back on track?
On a side note-does she sleep through the night? Do you do a dream feed?
Is there a chance your DD is overstimulated before you put her down?
What kind of wind down routine do you do with her?
Is there any difference in the activities that you are doing before you put her down for a nap when she sleeps longer?
Now, in retrospect, I used to do waaaay too many overstimulating activities with my LO which resulted in her crying.

Perhaps writing everything down, in order of which activity you did, and when, for several days, might give you some insight if the activities have any impact on her sleep?

Hope some of this helps! :)