Author Topic: Introducing solids schedule  (Read 3741 times)

Offline wrightk78

• wrightk78
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: March 22, 2011, 03:38:24 am »
In Tracy's book "Secrets of the Baby Whisperer: How to Calm, Connect, and Communicate with Your Baby" she wrote out a schedule on what foods to start your baby on and when.  Unfortunately, I lent my book to a friend who lost it.  Is this information on the forum anywhere?  Or do I need to go out and get another copy.
Connor'smom

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:56:41 am »
Hi there!  I got out my copy of BW and will write the chart for you.  :)

pg 131
"The following 12 wk schedule is based on weaning a 6mo child.  You will do the morning feed as usual, breast or bottle, and serve 'breakfast' 2hrs later.  'Lunch' should be midday and 'dinnner' late afternoon.  Complete breakfast and dinner by finishing off on the breast or bottle.  Remember that every baby is different; ask your pediatrician what's right for yours."
Week
1 & 2 Breakfast - 2tsp pears, Lunch - bottle or breast, Dinner 2tsp pears
3 B - 2tsp squash, L - bottle or breast, D - 2tsp pears
4 B - 2tsp sweet potato, L - 2tsp squash, D - 2tsp pears
5 B - 4tsp oatmeal, L - 2tsp squash, D - pears (increase amount to meet your growing baby's needs)
6 B - 4tsp each oatmal and pear, L - 8tsp squash, D - 4tsp each oatmeal and sweet potato
7 B - 8tsp peach, L - 4tsp each oatmeal and squash, D - 4tsp each oatmeal and pear
8 B - banana (from this point on, you can mix and match the above foods, introducing a new food each week, 8-12tsp per meal)
9 B - carrot
10 B - peas
11 B - green beans
12 B - apple

I just want highlight the part where Tracey says every baby is different.  This is a great guideline for starting out but remember you know your baby best so follow his/her cues and your instinct and everything will go smoothly.  :)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline wrightk78

• wrightk78
  • New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 13:08:07 pm »
Thank you SO much.  That was very kind of you to do, I very much appreciate it.
Connor'smom