Author Topic: 4hr easy 3 hrs awake???  (Read 1050 times)

Offline pinkbull13

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 16, 2011, 08:56:30 am »
my 7 month old little girl loves her solids, she eats everything.  she is on 4 hr easy but is now up for 3 hrs A time.  so when she sleeps 1.5hrs to 2hrs at both naps she isnt eating every 4hrs.  I have been splitting solids and formula so ahe is eating 2x in an A time.  Just not sure if this is right?? any suggestions?

Offline ~inbalance~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 272
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2011, 17:39:15 pm »
What does your routine look like now?

It's normal that as her A times and nap times change, you have to figure out how to juggle all her milk feeds and meals.  That's ok, you just have to find what works for you and her. 

Remember that milk feeds are still more important, so focus on those.  Solids can be more flexible. 

If she is not eating exactly every 4hrs that is fine.  Again, it really depends on what works for your situation.

:)
Em
Mama to
Mr. Personality 2008
Mr. Mischievious 2010
Little Miss Blue Eyes 2012

Offline emily3434

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 5
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 19:33:08 pm »
yes, I remember thinking the same thing at this phase (mine is now 9 mo)  it seemed he would go 5 hours between milk feeds then have 2 milk feeds that were 3 hours apart in the evening.  I do solids 1/2-1 hour after his milk - so, yes, 2 feeds during 1 A time.  we are not always lucky with a nap longer than 1 hours though - enjoy that!

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: 4hr easy 3 hrs awake???
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 23:01:04 pm »
Yes we always did solids 1hr after BFs and had 5hrs between the first and second BF due to 3hr A time and 2hr nap. Then we did a BF on wu from nap, solids 1hr later and another BF just before the 2nd nap (so 2hr25 later). After another 2hr nap we did solids on WU and a BF just before BT 3hrs later.
Once they start solids it is not strictly a 4hr EASY anymore and as pps say once their naps start moving you have to be a bit creative with the feeding times.
As Martina says just be careful the solids don't cause her to cut back on the FF. The best way to do this is to make sure you always offer the FF first and the solids a while later and not the other way around. If she does start taking less FF you can cut back on the solids for a few weeks to give her body time to catch up and then up them again.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011