Author Topic: 2yr old has no apetite  (Read 1249 times)

Offline beckygatt

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
2yr old has no apetite
« on: July 15, 2011, 14:25:47 pm »
DD1 is 2yrs 3mos and a very good eater generally. Recently though she doesn't have a very good apetite. She wants to drink lots of milk but isn't eating much, and very little fruit and veg! It is very hot at the moment and DH thinks she doesn't feel like eating because of the heat, but its worrying me a bit.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 2yr old has no apetite
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 14:30:56 pm »
It could well be the heat - have you tried offering more water instead of milk which can be a bit filling? Does she have her 2yr molars yet - if not they could be the cause too. My DD has her molars coming in and ate a minimal amount last week, but has been eating more again in the last few days.

Laura

Offline beckygatt

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 14:59:30 pm »
Thanks Laura,

She always has water available but she actually asks for milk and is quite insistent! I don't think the 2yr molars are through yet, though its a bit hard to check! From what I gather they take quite a while to come through completely? So you think I shouldn't worry?

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 15:55:41 pm »
I *try* not to worry ::), it doesn't always work but at the end of the day you can't force them to eat so.... :-\. All you can do really is make sure she's not having too much milk and offer her foods you know she usually eats. There were at least 2 days last week when DD totally refused tea, literally not one mouthful of foods she likes. She still STTN on those days so she must be getting what she needs.

They only do it to worry us you know ;)

Laura

Offline beckygatt

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 16:11:36 pm »
Another thing I should mention is that I'm BF my 8week old, so maybe she asks for milk more cos of that? Although it hasn't been going on quite that long...