Author Topic: 3 month old only power napping during the day!  (Read 993 times)

Offline rebemuri

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
3 month old only power napping during the day!
« on: July 21, 2011, 23:00:44 pm »
Hello! I have a 3-month old (just turned 3 months today, actually  :) ) who is probably a textbook baby. However, when I put her in the crib for a nap she usually wakes up within 15 or 20 minutes. Gladly, she continues to sleep very well at night (recently went from 8 to 10 hours at night, which is probably part of the reason why she is having shorter naps) but in the last week she has become more irritated during the day, crying more than usual. For the past 4 days, I’ve been trying to get her to sleep longer naps by using the shush-pat method. So far, not much progress to report. Should I continue with the shush-pat, or could I let her sleep only those short power naps but perhaps increment their frequency… say 5 or 6 times a day vs. the expected 3 naps + catnap? Or... because she is such a great night sleeper, should I ignore this situation?
Note: I have had her on a 3 hour E.A.S.Y. for quite a while now. About 10 days ago I tried to switch her to a 4 hour E.A.S.Y. which I now realize she was probably not ready for. She seemed quite OK with eating less frequently, but started crying more and looked quite tired. Not sure if that failed attempt has anything to do with her increased crying lately even though we’re back on the 3 hour EASY for over a week now?
Please help! Thanks!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:23:03 am by rebemuri »
Rebeca

Offline LettiesMum

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 1
Re: 3 month old only power napping during the day!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 11:17:58 am »
I have no advice but we are in a similar boat and DS is almost 12wks and is a chronic 45 min napper but is now doing 30 min naps and I don't know why so I'll be reading this thread with interest!

Nic
Scarlett born 27/11/07
8lb 0.5oz

Sonny born 02/05/11
8lb 0.5oz also!