Author Topic: Restrictive Eater  (Read 1094 times)

Offline lilly_kitt

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« on: July 31, 2011, 19:28:30 pm »
Hiya

Tyler is 20 months old and has a very selective diet.  For lunch he will have a sandwich of some sort but never eats it until 2-3pm, then for tea he will only eat things like waffles, fish fingers, dippers, chips (oven), turkey dinosaurs etc.  He used to eat sweetcorn and peas now no veg at all unless he has carrot and potato waffles.  In nursery they give him the same as he was refusing all food otherwise.  HV said that its fine as he's obviously thriving.  He has toddler milk and multi-vitamins for the vitamins but I would love to give him more of a varied diet.

Will he grow out of this, is there anything I can do ?

Sarah
x

Offline Lemonthyme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
Re: Restrictive Eater
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 19:36:53 pm »
Oh heck.  I have no experience so I can't advise but what I would do in this situation is continue to offer something different and sneak in some vegetables into something which is similar to potato waffles like fishcakes, perhaps swap the oven chips for home-made sweet potato wedges? 

Is it worth getting him involved in the food choices?  Maybe asking him to chose something new in the fruit and veg section every week and promise him that whatever he choses you will get?  Maybe getting him involved in growing something?  Just growing cress on a windowsill might get him interested?
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/