Author Topic: Trouble with timings?advise pls  (Read 760 times)

Offline Gatters

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: August 25, 2011, 11:11:49 am »
My LO today has had her first 1hour 10mins ,nap !! but is not due another feed for at least 1 hour what do I do in this time as she can't stay awake for more than about 30-40mins do I try and shh for a while or get her up for A time (she woke happy) she won't have long for a sleep though if I do have A time before her next feed?

Example..
10.20-Feed
10.55-12.10-sleep
Not due feed till 1.20???

This might seem straight forward to some but it's the first time I've had to do it she normally has only 30mins I spend the rest of the time shhing before she goes back to sleep, then it's normally time for a feed.

Offline ~Karen~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 98
Re: Trouble with timings?advise pls
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 17:52:45 pm »
How old is she?  I used to feed early if that happened otherwise they just wake from nap early due to hunger.  Figure giving them a top up feed should keep them going for a while!

Offline Gatters

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:03 am »
She is just 6wks, she seems to feed when ever I offer her a breast but seems to have a good feed if it's about 3 hrs long.
Would you start the E.A.S.Yprocess again from when you fed or would you give an additional feed when originally due I.e 1.20??

Offline ~Karen~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 98
Re: Trouble with timings?advise pls
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:52:33 am »
Start the feeding time again from when she feeds.  It can be a bit all over the place at times but becomes more established as they get older.