Author Topic: Does this mean dairy trial failed?  (Read 1867 times)

Offline lesliemarie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 24
« on: September 04, 2011, 19:40:14 pm »
DD was MSPI and was on Nutramigen and then eventually Neocate.  Well back in June I started gradually switching her over to soy formula and I'm happy to say that after a month she was totally on soy and now is doing very well.  So I started with little bits of yogurt and she seemed fine.  So I've been giving her food with very little bits of cheese or milk or butter in it for the past three weeks.  Well her poop has started to get softer and softer.  It is now mushy and not formed at all and sometimes almost looks separated.  There is no mucous though.

She also has some bumpy skin on her cheeks and upper arms but I honestly think that is heat related.

She doesn't have any other symptoms but when we first determined she was MSPI it was because of black/green kind of mucousy poop.  She doesn't have any mucous in her poop now though but she is also having very little amounts.  For example, risotto that has some cheese in it, shepherd's pie that had a little bit of cheese on top and a little bit of butter and milk in the potatoes, a tbsp of cut up cheese, etc.  I wanted to make sure I didn't give her too much at a time so this is how I've been doing it.

So what do you think?  Does this sound like a fail?  She is also teething and has been for the past month off and on but I'm really not sure  if that could be it.  She doesn't seem uncomfortable other than crying when getting her diaper change.  I have no idea it that has anything to do with pain or if it is just her being almost 11 months old and not wanting a diaper change.  She doesn't have a diaper rash, just slightly more pink skin under her diaper but it doesn't require rash cream.  I just don't know.
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Does this mean dairy trial failed?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:56:30 pm »
It does sound like it could be MPI. Why don't you take out all milk for 2 weeks and see if her poop improves?

Offline lesliemarie

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 17:05:37 pm »
I've started to do that today.  Actually I tried yesterday but it seems DD1 left a grilled cheese sandwich on her playroom table and DD2 found it and seems to love it  ::)

I was so hopeful.  Oh well.   :(
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline deb

• Showing Appreciation 593
  • Resident Nac Mac Feegle
    • My Very Own Crunchy & Progressive Parenting Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 17:11:41 pm »
Oh noes! :( Better now than 10 days in, though. ::)

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 17:17:45 pm »
dairy gave Murray loose stools (but so does teething) ... he outgrew his intolerence by 2.5 :)
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!

Offline lesliemarie

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 21:47:20 pm »
It's funny that it is just the loose stools as a symptom.  She has been teething for a month (two new ones and one just under the surface) so I suppose it could be that.  I guess I'll know for sure in a couple of days. 
My Little Monkey

My Little Sunshine

Offline firsttimemummy

• Showing Appreciation 62
  • gone to enjoy the little things in life (my boys)
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 07:15:32 am »
I found that with Oliver it took a few days of dairy to get a snotty nose again .... the time I re-introduced dairy to Murray was cold cows milk which is the worst dairy for us so that's maybe why it was more instant?
L x Having a bw break from 1 Feb 2012 - if you want to get in touch please send me a pm.  I may not be here but you are all in my thoughts xxxx (probably be back some time)

still happily married, just not counting!