Author Topic: 8.5m and recently sleeping more  (Read 660 times)

Offline jay2yay

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 9
8.5m and recently sleeping more
« on: November 03, 2011, 20:45:31 pm »
DS has always been fairly textbook regarding the BW routine and is a good sleeper when things are going good. Up until the middle of October, he was on your typical 4/4.5 hr easy but naps were messy and he seemed constantly OT...I just couldn't get good consistent A times which on average were 2.5/3 hrs.

We had to go out of town suddenly and to my surprise, his naps improved while we were away. I made some adjustments and when we came back, they stayed very good. In fact, too good. Which is why I think it was due to teeth. He was easily taking 2-4 hr naps after only 2 hr A times. There were days he slept 6 hrs during the day and still had a good night.

Here's the thing....I think we're out of the teething phase...naps are more normal....1.5/2 hrs. But A times still aren't. He can barely manage 2 hrs in the morning and the rest of the day it's about 2 hrs. Because of this, we're still eating every 4 hrs, but he's taking 3 naps a day.

A couple times in the past few days, he's stayed up 2.5/3 hrs and all of the sudden he's VERY rambunctious and OT so I go to put him down and he OT cries until I hold him firm and then he'll pass out after about 15 minutes.

I'm beginning to think all of our nap problems before were due to me keeping him up even though he'd show tired signs. When he shows signs now, I start the process and he goes down no problem.

Our nights are good....11/11.5 hrs.

Is it ok to just keep up with the 3 naps until his naps start being affecting and I'll up A times?
Justine

Offline jay2yay

• Showing Appreciation 9
Re: 8.5m and recently sleeping more
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 21:02:02 pm »
oh and I should probably add when that OT thing happens, he only sleeps 30m.
Justine

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 22:00:22 pm »
Is it ok to just keep up with the 3 naps until his naps start being affecting and I'll up A times?
I say yes.  You must have a very clean house with all that napping he's doing ;)
If he's happy, sleeping well at night, doesn't appear ill in any way etc then follow his cue, after all that's what baby whispering is about.  Maybe he has a lot of information to process during those naps, don't forget A times also depend on what the A is, super stimulation or developmental leaps are tiring.

Offline jay2yay

• Showing Appreciation 9
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 23:12:47 pm »
Good note, creations....hadn't really thought about stimulation/developmental leaps affecting A times. He's definitely *really* moving now and loves to stand up against everything which is a lot of up and down movement. He's also spirited and gets OS super easy too. :)
Justine

Offline creations

• Feeding Solid Food & EASY
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 496
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 20:42:11 pm »
At that age DS had As of 3.5hr, 1.5hr and 1hr 45 - 2hr up to BT. Looks very odd but it worked for us, his 1.5 hr was super stimulating for him.