Author Topic: 3.5 or 4 hourly bottles?  (Read 1118 times)

Offline *Becky*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 255
3.5 or 4 hourly bottles?
« on: November 15, 2011, 13:25:21 pm »
me again  ::)

M has been on a 3.5 hourly feeding routine but it is getting harder to get 5 bottles in per day. This am she did a short nap but then resettled so it ended up being just over 4 hours from when she fed but then of course her next nap was rubbish. I have been waiting for her naps to sort themselves out for ages. Do you think I should just go to 4 hourly feeds now? The only reason I was holding off is because she is not established on solids yet (one small meal/day) but it is getting harder to fit these feeds in and if she has 4 x 8oz then she is only dropping 3oz in total anyway....if she does have 5 feeds I end up feeding after 3 hours or less for the last 2 feeds of the day...hope this makes sense.

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline *Becky*

• Showing Appreciation 255
Re: 3.5 or 4 hourly bottles?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 13:55:33 pm »
sorry!! Just realised i have already posted about this...umm, do you want to lock one of them laura?

Henry James and Martha Rose - my spirited pair!

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: 3.5 or 4 hourly bottles?
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 15:05:11 pm »
sorry!! Just realised i have already posted about this...umm, do you want to lock one of them laura?

Lol! Baby brain??

I will lock this one but yes, go to 4 hourly feeds. Don't forget that being established on 4 hourly feeds isn't solids dependent as there will be around 2 months of 4 hourly feeds before most babies start solids.

Laura