Author Topic: 11 wo with early waking  (Read 580 times)

Offline kayasmama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 16, 2011, 14:16:56 pm »
My 11 wo has been waking every morning between 445 and 545 grunting until she poops. She then will not go back to sleep. We start our day at 600 (wish it was later but will have to be 6 when I go back to work anyway.) I know I can't change biology but I think it is the combination of timing of her feedings and late bedtime. I cluster feed at night #1 because she wants it and 2 because she sleeps well at night overall. She also has had slow weight gain so I want to make sure she stays on 7 feeds for now. I have tried the df but she doesn't take much and then wakes at the same time to eat anyway. Any suggestions would be great. I go back to work in 3 weeks and we're going to lose the cluster feed and probably have a late bedtime (730) anyway unless I can figure out how to get her fed, bathed, family dinner by 7 which is unlikely. Here is her easy. We are having horrible naps right now too due to OT I think but u can't get her A times down due tO distractions with dd1. Also not much time to work through naps :(

Wake 515 if we're lucky
E 600. This is never a good feed and she usually eats only for a few minutes if it's earlier. Will sometimes go back to sleep. If not....
S 630- 715 usually will not go back to sleep. Then again if im lucky....
S 8-845/9 in wrap on me
E 900
S 1015-1100 sometimes I can get get to 1145 in bed or holding her
E 1145
S 1-230/245 usually. I hold her for this nap since dd1 naps in their dark room and dd2 is it by this time.
E 230/245
S 345/4-445
E 5/515
S cn 6-7 I wake her if u can get her to sleep in the first place
E 715 in bed by 815. She takes a long time to eat.
E between 1 and 2

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 04:08:05 am »
just wondering if you can try not doing the cluster feed but just the DF instead? Tracy advises to drop the cluster feed at 8 weeks old

It looks to me like shes OT, that first A time is a bit too long if shes only had a 45min nap. also if you are aiming for a 6am start you want to make her bedtime 12 hours later at 6pm, i think shes  OT and thats whats causing her to wake early.

Offline kayasmama

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 13:06:08 pm »
I can try. The only problem is that in a few weeks we won't get home until 6 and right now DH gets home at 6 so he would not see her during the week at all. If she eats at 230 then I would feed her at 530 and put her to bed?  I see your 2 lo's are around the same age as mine. How do you structure dinner/bed for both? Dd1 has dinner at 6 and bed by 745.

Offline *Jo*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 148
  • 3 wee monkeys and a Mamma
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 18:47:36 pm »
well I dont have time restrictions like yours so its easier for me to structure stuff. Caleb has dinner with me while Levi has his catnap and is in bed at 8pm

Levi is in bed by 7pm so I get an hour with Caleb alone :)

I can see what you mean about not seeing DH, that is a bother, perhaps he could do the DF so he can at least see her then, even if she is sleeping?

heres what our day ideally looks llike to give you an idea:

awake 7am
E7am
A
S 8.20-10
E10
A
S 11.20 - 1
E1
A
S2.20 - 4
E 4
A
S5.20 - 6.15 (this is the time we have dinner while he sleeps here)
bedtime routine, bedtime bottle at 6.30 and bed at 7

shift those all back an hour for your kind of day that you are looking at :)