Author Topic: She is so pukey!  (Read 1063 times)

Offline teilvnav

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 90
She is so pukey!
« on: December 08, 2011, 00:28:09 am »
If you had asked me a month ago, I would have said that Anna was rarely sick after feeds. Now, it is every time at least once and sometimes randomly in between! I seriously end up changing both of our clothes 2-3 times a day, and I go through burp clothes like toilet paper. I am getting sick of being gotten sick on! It is often a fairly big amount; enough to soak through my shirt and bra or pants and underwear. We both stink by lunch time. :-X

I don't know what I am asking here. Is this normal? It doesn't seem to be causing her any discomfort, and I do burp her well. I forget how often DS puked, although I doubt it was this much. Will it pass soon? Like, does it peak at a certain age? Some of it is just spit up, but a lot of it is definitely vomit. 
Amy

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
Re: She is so pukey!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:08:48 am »
Ethan was like that. Sad to report it lastly until about a year ::)

Offline teilvnav

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 02:23:47 am »
Ugh... she got us both again right after her BT feed. Luckily she was heading into the bath and I could go put pj's on. That makes 4 outfits today!
Amy

Offline Jenn+Ethan+Emily

• Showing Appreciation 107
  • So Big!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:29:00 am »
Eww...that's totally what Ethan was like. I remember walking around a mall trying to find a new shirt to buy because he completely soaked me. Although its nice that they are happy spitters, it's completely gross and annoying doing so much laundry!

Offline nona

• Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 02:44:06 am »
 i wouldn't say DS spit up that quantity but he def spit up A LOT! and he was happy thankfully!
heather

Offline gogomama

• Showing Appreciation 17
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 03:17:55 am »
Same problem over here too Amy, I end up changing sheets and clothes at least 3-4x a day. DD gets the hiccups a lot too right after she spits up.I was pretty worried too esp because I can count the amount of times DS spit up on one hand but everyone assures me its pretty normal. I guess at least all her clothes are being put to good use :)

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 03:45:20 am »
Yep, normal, DS is nearly 8 months and still vomits after most BF's and some solid meals (ewww....) but it is getting less and he is happy. I'm getting pretty sick of being stinky, but now its so hot here we don't go through a lot of clothes for him - I only dress him when I leave the house :P

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 521
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 04:24:12 am »
Dd2 was like that too -- lots and lots of spitting, though it did decrease at some point during her first year.  (Since she's 5 now, I have no idea when that happened, it's all such a blur!)

Offline teilvnav

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 19:18:07 pm »
Well, at least I know it isn't that unusual! DH and I were talking about it last night and he agrees that DS wasn't nearly this pukey (he tends to reember stuff like that more than I do). I guess I will just have to continue walking around carrying a burp cloth over my shoulder all day...
Amy

Offline katie80

• Showing Appreciation 220
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2011, 02:34:58 am »
We've got it here too, Amy.  Is she an enthusiastic nurser?  G totally is and I change my clothes frequently as well (alhtough now I hold him off to the side most of the time burping, and will be getting all the carpets professionally cleaned after he's done).  But, what surprised me is that I went to wash the burp rag that I always keep by the bed (usually do this every other day) and I realized I hadn't used it yet.  So, when he does the more calm/sleepy feeds at night, the spitting doesn't happen as much (anymore, that is... I used to change pjs and pillow cases frequently as well).  Anyway, just a thought.