Author Topic: 10,5 months old waking at night and standing up crying in the crib  (Read 6690 times)

Offline brazylia

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: 10,5 months old waking at night and standing up crying in the crib
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2012, 09:54:38 am »
Well, I thought I was... but when I started putting DS later for the first nap 5 days ago, it all started to go wrong again... or perhaps it's still too soon to tell?
his easy is like this now:
WO 7 BF
8 breakfast
10-10.30 snack
11.30 S (sleeps 30 min, then PD and he sleeps for another 40-50 min) - what does it mean??? wakes up happy
1-1.30 lunch
3 snack
3.30-4 nap of 30 min
5.30-6 dinner
6.30 bath
7 BF and sleep

he wakes 0-2 times before midnight and up to 4 times after midnight!!!! :( :( what is happening??? is he seriously OT???
he goes back to sleep quickly after PD though...

he takes the first long A time very well I guess, plays a lot, attempts at walking etc. It's below -15 Celcius here so we don't go for walks, we also had a birthday party with a bit longer evening A time.
Could you offer any suggestions at tweaking his routine? How to make his first nap longer than 1.5h? Should I abandon the second nap if it's so late and only 30min or try PD? Should I try a bedtime of 6pm maybe?
How long to stick to this routine before deciding it's not working? (I know the 2-1 transition may take a few weeks or more but maybe he's not ready for it yet after all???)
But on the other hand I pushed the first nap to 11.30 (he falls asleep instantly in the crib) because at 10-10.30 it took him much longer and/or refused it)

I'll appreciate any feedback!

Offline charmie

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 122
  • my family, my everything
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2012, 14:30:41 pm »
Sounds OT :(  Can you try to do his nap earlier again?

Offline brazylia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2012, 06:55:44 am »
Hey!

DS started walking just after his birthday and the nights are worse than ever now... I put him to bed earlier as he doesn't sleep much during the day (imo) - 1-1,5h before noon and 30 min in the afternoon (and I can't extend his 2nd nap :(. I returned to 2 naps because of his numerous NW but it doesn't look any good because he wakes almost every hour at night!
He falls asleep around 6.30-7 pm (but occasianal 6pm was also no good), sleeps all right (or with short NW) till about 10pm and then the horror begins - every hour or even 30 min he pulls up/sits up and cries... Falls asleep after PD...
Also of course we have EW as well around 6. It happened maybe twice that I BF him and he fell asleep till 8 am.
Am I right that this is developmental? (NW picked up after he learned to pull up about 2,5 months ago)
Or has he been so OT for some time plus additional effort of walking/falling built up to result in these horrid NWs???

I posted on sleepingfortoddlers board but wanted to update you guys and check for your opinion...

What should I do now??  ??? I'm getting desperate and turning into zombie...

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 20:30:34 pm »
Hey there, before I got to the bottom of your post I was going to suggest that you posted in toddler sleep for some more eyes. I would think that part of the problem could well be developmental, but also probably all part of the 2:1 transition too. You will get great advice over there on 2:1 issues.

Offline charmie

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2012, 12:11:15 pm »
I am also thinking it's mostly the 2:1 transition.  Would you like to post a link to your new thread so that we can come support you there too?

Offline brazylia

• Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:49 am »
Hi!

Yes, definitely! Please have a look!

http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=225942.0

Actually, DS slept whole night last night!!! First time since 3 weeks or so  :D  Last couple of nights were much better too - just 1 short NW before midnight and one longer around 4am (he lies for an hour, tossing and turning).
His molars may be on the way too, although hard to tell...
And on the nap front - 1st nap around 11-11.15 am (1-1,5h, occasionaly he wakes up after 40min - is it UT?), second around 3-4pm (30 min, wakes up crying). I guess I will keep pushing the first nap further over the next few days and see...

Thanks a lot!

Offline charmie

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2012, 17:47:45 pm »
Yay on the whole night's sleep!

On the 40min nap I'm thinking UT, then gets OT by the 2nd nap.  I agree you Probably need to push the 1st nap further.

Offline Bex09

• Showing Appreciation 69
  • My world xx
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 21:35:45 pm »
Seeing as you are getting help over on Toddler Sleep now and you have posted the link to that I am going to lock this thread so that you are getting all of your information in one place. :)