Author Topic: Activity ideas for 5 month old - advice please!  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Keep Smiling!

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Activity ideas for 5 month old - advice please!
« on: December 18, 2011, 07:08:19 am »
Hi

My LO is just over 5 months old and I am starting to worry that I'm not doing enough with her during the day. So I was hoping to hear what a typical day looks like for other mummies with babies around this age?

She doesn't nap very well so I am aware about not overstimulating her. She is awake around 2.5 hours so what sort of things do you do? She can't fully roll over yet so I feel like I need to play with her so she's not bored? (although she always plays by herself for some of her A time when I'm doing jobs!)

Any ideas? I have looked at the thread on here for 3-6 month old babies but wondered how many of these things do you do during each A time (again I'm worried about overstimulation).

Hope you can help!

Offline lilisuze

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 46
Re: Activity ideas for 5 month old - advice please!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 07:59:46 am »
each a time we tend to have a feed and cuddle for about half an hour. After that independant play in chair or bumbo while i do stuff. I always try for 20 mins of lying down play- she rolls onto tummy straight away. I only have one or 2 toys out. Sometimes just a muslin square will do! And about 15 mins play in crib each a time too so she doesnt get too over stim'd! Hth
Little dude (2008) spirited monkey boy
Little pink (2011) textbook princess

Offline RachelC

• Girl Scout Extraordinaire
  • Showing Appreciation 865
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 01:59:40 am »

Proud to have breastfed for a combined total of 35 months

Offline MommyMoulton

• Showing Appreciation 12
  • Kiss Anyone?
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 02:13:16 am »
My ds is 5.5months....like lili we feed and theen cuddle with a story. Followd by floor play, exersaucer and jolly jumper. Our lo just is starting to roll from front to back so soon I'll be chasing him!

Good luck. I see that you are new... You should join us on the 0-18month birth clubs under the easy form!
Melissa

Offline Keep Smiling!

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 16:43:34 pm »
Thank you, I will look at the group you mentioned!!