Author Topic: Any 2.5 year olds in gymnastics?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline inoella

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 13
Any 2.5 year olds in gymnastics?
« on: January 17, 2012, 04:31:10 am »
DD is 27 months and very outgoing and active. We visited a gymnastics class today and she loved it - I thot it was mostly "free" activity time but can see how over the next month or so she might advance to the next level that is more structured. I thought it would be good to channel her energy and coordination - Just not sure if it's worth the $$ when she is also perfectly happy to just go to the bouncy place or play dates.  ;)
Anyone else taking their lo to this type of class? Has it been a good experience?  Thanks for your thoughts!
*Jaci*

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: Any 2.5 year olds in gymnastics?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 04:40:35 am »
I took my older DD to gymnastics (a parent & tot class) when she was about 2 yrs 10 months old...she loved it and ended up doing another 2 years of gymnastics. This year she opted for skating lessons and who knows what next year will bring (she is already talking about hockey!)  Honestly, I think gymnastics is the thing she is most suited for, but I am happy to let her try out all the activities available in our town and then decide on her favourite one to focus on.  Really hoping it's not hockey as it is crazy expensive!

(oh, and I have to add that we live in such a small town that there is no bouncy places here except a small one at the church, so if we don't do organized activities there isn't much else!)
Heidi

Offline We Three

• Showing Appreciation 418
  • The Sweetest Thing....
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 04:43:24 am »
We did it from 2.5 to almost 4 and LOVED it.  From 2.5 til age 3 it was parent/child...so I spotted her, lots of crawling thru tunnels, running up foam ramps and then doing somersaults down...it was so much fun!!  At 3, she went into class without me...more activities, stretching,  parallel bars, rings, balance beam stuff.  Lots and lots of fun.  Here it was $50 per month for an hour class per week....worth every penny.    :)   We live near a bouncy place, and this was so much different in that it was structured, had a "teacher" and more direction.  We just loved it...dd will be going back in the spring.  

Offline Nauvoo

• Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
Re: Any 2.5 year olds in gymnastics?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 14:46:36 pm »
DD has been going now for about 9 months and loves it.   what has been good for her is the structure.  She has learned to wait her turn, to take turns, stand in lines and follow directions.  She loves loves loves it.  We go to the Y and they also have a gymnastics free play so we hit both.  Free play and then structure which helps her to be more focused because she's got her playing in.
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[