Author Topic: Unexpected allergist appointment tomorrow  (Read 5281 times)

Offline Mom to M&M

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 128
  • Cool dude!
Re: Unexpected allergist appointment tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 14:40:49 pm »
Will be thinking of you - and speed along 27th! Glad to hear he does food challenges in-office - I think that's the best and safest way this young!
Karen: Proud Mama to Marisa (8-11-05) and Matthew (6-5-09) and happily married to my best friend and love of my life since 10-13-01

Offline ~ Vik ~

• Showing Appreciation 224
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 23:25:10 pm »
Will be thinking of you - and speed along 27th! Glad to hear he does food challenges in-office - I think that's the best and safest way this young!
I was relieved about the in office food challenge too - otherwise I would have been doing it in the hospital parking lot! :P

Weird about the penicillin...how the heck was my allergist going to do it then I wonder? He did offer at our last appt...
I wonder if that's another thing that varies between provinces? I wish our blood tests were covered by OHIP. it seems so silly that the scratch tests are, but not the blood tests ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 23:27:18 pm by Vikki ~ Dylan's mommy »
D ~ dairy, egg, peanut/nut and mustard allergies
Proud to have breastfed for over 24 months!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 00:25:00 am »
Yeah, I need to contact our allergist about doing a food challenge for nuts in office, or I will be heading to the hospital parking lot for sure (or better yet, the hospital in the city my sister lives with all her kids epi's on hand!)

Heidi