Author Topic: 8wo impatient for second letdown  (Read 773 times)

Offline Kgraphicdesign

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: January 28, 2012, 16:49:55 pm »
Hi all,

We have started our 8wo on 3hr EASY and it's going really well, except for the feedings. All of a sudden it's like the end of the world when the second letdown doesn't come fast enough. We don't want to use a bottle (did two days ago for DF and yesterday am for a top up). I think it's laziness because I can switch sides and he's fine until the first letdown is finished too. Im just concerned he isn't getting enough because he seems SO hungry when he is trying to feed. We can however take him off and distract him easily then he's his smiley self again. He goes down between 7-8, dream feed between 10-11, then up around 2:30 or 3:30, and 4 or 5 to feed.

Any suggestions?

PS I usually have to wake him from each of his naps with the exception of nap 1 today.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 8wo impatient for second letdown
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:44:26 am »
Is it possible that he's just finished eating and he's fussing because he wants to be done?  Babies can be really efficient feeders as they get older.  How long is he going between feeds?  Does he seem satisfied?  How long does he nurse for?  When you say second letdown, do you mean that he's doing the suck swallow pattern and it has slowed and then it speeds up again?  (Sorry for the questions, just trying to sort it all out).  Your nights sound great for 8 weeks, it sounds like he's doing ok. :)

Offline Kgraphicdesign

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 00:58:12 am »
Hi Erin,

Seems he may have been overtired or working on some diaper activity as he fed perfectly at night. Today was a bit better too. Thanks for responding. If the issue persists I'll post again :)

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: 8wo impatient for second letdown
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 03:33:35 am »
Glad it all worked out! :)