Author Topic: 14 month old fussy eater and won't drink milk - starting to despair!  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Kate Tz

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Hello ladies - I'm new to this section of the board although have used the sleep boards aplenty... :-(

My new concern now is that my DD (14 months old) is a very on-off eater. Sometimes she's fine, sometimes she isn't. She will NOT be fed with a spoon, she has to do it herself and she will not drink milk. We have tried bottles, sippy cups, open cups - everything. She will drink water out of anything but will not take milk. She is still breastfed morning and night but I can't imagine she's getting anywhere near enough from that now. She will not eat yoghurt, which would be my usual fallback - the only calcium rich food she will eat is cheese and she will eat that forever - that and grapes are the only thing that she will really ever eat with any degree of certainty.

I'm beginning to get a. exceedingly frustrated by cooking all these meals that she then throws on the floor and b. a bit worried about her intake.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks ladies
Kate

Offline Hedgehog17

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 71
Re: 14 month old fussy eater and won't drink milk - starting to despair!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 16:33:58 pm »
Hi Kate,

She sounds a lot like DS at that age! In his case it was mainly related to teeth - he just wasn't comfortable eating and drinking a lot of the time  :(

Could teething be a factor for you? Have you tried giving her pain relief 20 mins before a meal?

DS did get a lot better, but it was very hit and miss for a while. He will now at least eat 5 spoonfuls of a meal I've made, and sometimes surprises me by eating the lot  ;D This has only happened since he turned 16mo though  ::)

Don't worry about her dairy intake if she's still BF 2 x per day and eating lots of cheese - that is fine!

I know how it feels when LO rejects yet another meal you've made  :'( But she will get there, just keep offering  :)

*Hugs*

HH