Author Topic: Changing table ideas?  (Read 3071 times)

atlantamomofthree

Changing table ideas?
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:53:33 am »
Wondered if you ladies have any creative ways of keeping your LO occupied while changing him/her?

I found one accidentally the other day! My ds was scratching at his chest while I was trying to change his clothes and I kept having to reach over and move his hand gently away (he has a rash from drooling so much). But then I got the best idea-cover his hand with a baby sock! Put it on him and he wasn't able to scratch anymore! But better still, he put the sock in his mouth and began talking and focusing on it. :)

How do YOU occupy your LO while changing?

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: Changing table ideas?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:16 pm »
Great idea!! I give him the wipes packet!! ANything on hand!! I'll try the socks!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline becj86

• Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 06:07:31 am »
I'm just getting good at chasing the boy around the table as I put on the nappy!

atlantamomofthree

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 12:08:31 pm »
I'm just getting good at chasing the boy around the table as I put on the nappy!

Lol :D

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »
I give him a small toy to hold, normally a Little People giraffe he likes to suck on.
When cadan was younger we used my dressing table as a changing unit in my room and he used to love staring at himself in the mirror.
I have also found colby likes looking at posters that have great black/white contrast. I believe you can get some geometric shapes printed in black on white paper specially for holding babies' interest.
Socks on hands are great for self soothing at sleep time too and to stop them pulling the dummy out if they are used to being swaddled.
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011