Author Topic: 11 Week Old NW Every Hour after 3 AM...HELP!!!  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Hadley's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
11 Week Old NW Every Hour after 3 AM...HELP!!!
« on: February 25, 2012, 14:07:54 pm »
Hi! DD is 11 weeks and we have been having a disastrous last few weeks!

Up until she went to get her shots at 2 months she was: BT 8, DF 10:30, NF 4 Awake 8. She would occasionally wake up a little early in the morning but would resettle.

Then everything went haywire! Starting around 3:30 she is up every hour until we get her up at 8. She is easy to resettle, all you have to do is put the paci back in and we have even seen her do it herself on occasion. We've tried everything we can think of, earlier BT, longer evening nap, shorter evening nap, etc.

We have a very consistent BT routine, and she sleeps well the first half of the night so I am not sure what to do about the second half. She doesn't usually fall asleep with the paci unless she is being cranky, but since she sleeps ~6 hours the first half of the night on her own I know she can put herself back to sleep if she wakes up.

She also has reflux and is on Zantac 2x a day. Occasionally she spits up in her sleep so I wonder if that wakes her up, but she also spits up the first half of the night and it isn't as disruptive.

Our EAS usually looks like this:

E: 8
A:
S: 9:30

E: 11:15-11:30 (depending on how long she naps)
A:
S: 12:30

E: 2:30
A:
S: 3:45

E: 5:30 or 6
A:
S: Catnap here if we can get it, if not...
Bath 7:30
Top up/BT 8

Help!!

- Ashley

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: 11 Week Old NW Every Hour after 3 AM...HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 19:13:35 pm »
What is her Zantac dose? I wonder if she needs an increase to control the fluxing. Zantac does need to be increased with every 500gm-1kg weight gain usually :-\
Your routine looks good!
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline Hadley's Mom

• New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 19:25:53 pm »
She is on 1.6 ml every 12 hours. At her last checkup 3 weeks ago she was 11 lb 2 oz.  I wondered about that too. DH said he doesn't think she is in pain with the wake ups because she isn't screaming but I can't think of anything else that would cause her to wake up do much. We have even been letting her sleep in her bouncy seat to keep her more upright and that isn't helping.
- Ashley

Offline ZacsMumme

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 20:35:01 pm »
DH said he doesn't think she is in pain with the wake ups because she isn't screaming but I can't think of anything else that would cause her to wake up do much.
My DS was a screamer with pain BUT a lot of ladies on her with fluxers will say their LO doesn't cry/scream but squirms, grunts and is generally unsettled and looks/behaves in discomfort. So I wouldn't write it off. Sometimes it can be just enough pain to prevent sleep KWIM?

She is on 1.6 ml every 12 hours.
So that would be 24mg (15x1.6) if she is on the std syrup of 150mg/10ml. The dose range is 4 – 8mg per kilogram per day, in 2 – 3 divided doses. So if she is 5kg (sorry we do kg here but it = 11pds) that would be a dose of 4.8 per kg.
Reference http://www.cryingoverspiltmilk.co.nz/medicaltreatment/medicationwithdosages/
So she isn't on a particularly high or even moderate dose. It could well be she needs in increase closer to 6mg per kg per day. But I would go back to your Ped to discuss this.

I would just get sleep however you can at the moment. I really do think she sounds like she isnt 100% :-*

***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.