Author Topic: Is DF messing up 1st bottle of day?  (Read 1202 times)

Offline lilybug25

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 20
« on: March 06, 2012, 15:41:32 pm »
Alyssa is almost 4.5 months old, last time she was weight she was 14.2 pounds. During the day she has 6-7oz every 3 hours. My question is about the DF.
 It is seldom that she will drink a full 6oz at her DF, more like 4oz. There has been alot of nights lately that Dh or I have forgot to Df her and she has STTN fully (8pm-7am). On the nights we do DF in the morning she usually 1) won't eat a full bottle until her 2nd bottle of the day or 2) drink half her bottle and then puke the whole think back up (right now I am covered elbows to tigh in puke :-X) then finish bottle right before her 1st nap then go back to a full bottle for  her 2nd bottle.
Should I just wean the 4 oz for the DF and push her day bottles to 7-8oz? Or should I leave the DF alone till she is 7 months old?

Offline ENMS

• Showing Appreciation 63
Re: Is DF messing up 1st bottle of day?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 19:31:22 pm »
Tagging along, I'm interested to find out.  DS does not have a dream feed but takes a night feed, and lately he's increased the quantity he takes and then in the AM he doesn't drink that well, similar to you the first bottle is not great and then he goes a long stretch before the second one!
Elise

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: Is DF messing up 1st bottle of day?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 22:06:08 pm »
If you think the DF is not helping things and she has been fine on nights when you haven't given one then I would just stop doing it. The DF doesn't agree with all babies - I have 2 it never really worked for!

Laura