Author Topic: Refusing food  (Read 1171 times)

Offline ~Emma~

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 221
  • And then there were 2.....
Refusing food
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:44:39 am »
D is refusing to eat anything after her gastro bout. Totally understandable I suppose.

Thing is she is crying and crying for her bottle all the time. Highly unusual. I gave in last night and gave her her BT bottle at 5pm after she refused food all day. I also ended up giving her a lunchtime bottle today (she's still on formula - neocate) which she hasn't had for MONTHS but she just kept going into the kitchen and pointing to the cupboards where her bottle is kept.

She has lost weight, I can tell. For the first time ever I can see her ribs and her face has even changed because she has lost the chub on her cheeks.  :'(

Should I just keep giving her formula if she wants it? Am I likely to be making a rod here?

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Forum Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: Refusing food
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 13:40:28 pm »
Personally I would give her anything she wanted. Keep offering juice, jelly etc too xxxx

Offline Lemonthyme

• Showing Appreciation 29
    • Mamacook
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 14:46:43 pm »
I'd just give what she wants and gradually increase variety.  My son had a lactose intolerance after his last stomach upset and it really knocked him off course.  It took a good 3 weeks to get back to normal foods and normal quantities.  I'd keep offering a variety of foods but not skimp on the milk for now as long as she's tolerating it well.  Perhaps offer it in a cup if she'll take it because of her age.
Here's my blog which is focussed on simple food for babies, toddlers and families http://mamacook.blogspot.com/

Offline Jimbob

• Showing Appreciation 59
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 13:21:37 pm »
I would let er ave the neocate for now. I am sure your dd will want solid food again soon. At least if she is having the formula she is getting nutrients that she needs to build herself up again.

Kelly x

James has atopic eczema, multiple food allergies, asthma and late talker