Author Topic: DF  (Read 935 times)

Offline Nauvoo

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
DF
« on: April 02, 2012, 23:28:12 pm »
I know this has probably been asked a million times but I am wondering how one knows when to stop the DF?  With DD1 I remember that she just stopped taking her first feed of the day all together.  She was about 5.5months.  DD2 is now 5.5months and I'm wondering how much longer I should continue the DF?  She takes her feeds every 4 hours though out the day and has no NF for about 1.5months now.  She takes purees once a day really well.
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: DF
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:14:01 am »
The DF is usually dropped around 7/8 months when they are well established on solids. This should help! http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=54662.0

Laura

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 10:21:05 am »
The book says 7 months- when solids are established (wow.. i just repeated laura's comment exactly... hmm.. ::) )- we dropped it just after the 6 month growth spurt... combination of a friend saying her guy the same age was STTN 7-7 (peer pressure much?!?) and i sooo got over giving it!! (Lazy mummy!!)
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline Nauvoo

• Showing Appreciation 43
    • Concrete Picture Frames
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 14:33:21 pm »
Me too.  I as so over giving it! :-\
DD1 (1/09)
DD2 (10/11)
DD3 (3/15)

[url=http://concretepicture.wordpress.com]Concrete Picture
Frames[

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 16:58:21 pm »
We didn't start solids till 6 months and started with BLW- so wasn't getting much in- we stopped the DF literally 2 days before the 6 month GS- MAJOR FAIL!! If you are a couple of weeks off that you could try dropping it if you like and you'll have time to see if she can manage without it. Basically we had a night where he woke at 10.30 or so- cried for 30 seconds (you know- that half awake mantra thing) and went back to sleep- and that was it...

I found he as still doing an occasional 2nd feed at night anyway- he continued this occasional 4am feed for another couple of months and then stopped all together (until now- illness has caused some silly night wakings ::) )
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!