Author Topic: Please help, 11 week old won't sleep after NF, is it reflux?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline cmcgmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Please help, 11 week old won't sleep after NF, is it reflux?
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:47:44 am »
I can't get my LO to settle after night feed, at moment we are following 3hr EASY, he goes down at 8, sleeps well, dreamfeed at 11, sleeps well. Then starts to get fussy about 1.30, NF anywhere between 2-4 & always drains bottle! But I sit him up for 30 mins after feed but continues to be sick everytime I lay him down after that? GP thought it would be reflux so he's on gavisicon, tried Zantac but really tummy pains? Anyone successful on other med? HV says not to worry he will grow out of it, but he's shattered, as am I!

Ba

Offline cmcgmum

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: Please help, 11 week old won't sleep after NF, is it reflux?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 05:51:37 am »
Should have said - 5 weeks prem, tube fed 1 week, formula fed on lactose free milk, tried reflux milks & thickners but he coughed & choked and to top it all 2 hernia operations!

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:58:00 am »
Do you burp him after the DF? DS used to get fussy about that timeframe after a DF and stay cranky for the rest of the night as he would get gassy and the pain'd keep him up.

Also, have you tried tilting the cot - putting his head higher than his feet? That might help with the spitup...

How tight is his nappy? DS used to be sick after I changed his nappy til I finally twigged that he'd taken in a tummy-full of milk and needed the 'stretchy pants' for his big meal to stay down...

Offline ENMS

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 13:15:14 pm »
Do you burp him after the DF? DS used to get fussy about that timeframe after a DF and stay cranky for the rest of the night as he would get gassy and the pain'd keep him up.

We also had gas issues from about 3AM until it was morning. DS would grunt and grunt and seemed restless. He has reflux but TBH I really think it was gas rather than the reflux causing this, it passed before the reflux got controlled. I don't have advice though, for us it just went away as he got older.

Elise