Author Topic: Dropping a feed?  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Samjheywood

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Ben - 19.11.14
Dropping a feed?
« on: April 20, 2012, 10:11:01 am »
Hi there, my LO is 22weeks old and i have been feeding him solids from 17wks, fruit and veg purees and some porridge/baby rice and was wondering now he is approaching 6 months and i will introduce more types of solids do i drop feeds?

He has a 4hr EASY having 4 bottles in the day 7/11/3/7 and then sometimes one in the night (he is a bit hit and miss with night feeds, he sometimes sleeps through and others doesnt!)

I am giving him a breakfast, lunch and tea of purees (1 pot each time) and wonder if i should still carry on with 5 feeds? What you others do or what do you suggest?

Thanks
Samantha

Offline Samjheywood

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Ben - 19.11.14
Re: Dropping a feed?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 10:11:51 am »
Sorry forgot to say, he also has sips of water from a cup (with a straw as took to this better) with his solid feeds
Samantha

Offline Samjheywood

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
  • Ben - 19.11.14
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 10:13:05 am »
He is taking 7oz bottles and a 8oz at 7pm.
Samantha

Offline Seona1973

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 21
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 19:28:47 pm »
I wouldnt drop any until he starts taking less in a particular bottle e.g. ds started taking less in his mid-morning bottle and it got dropped when he was only taking a few ounces - I replaced it with a snack and drink of water.  He didnt start dropping daytime feeds until around 9 months.

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 20:00:07 pm »
I agree with PP - milk is way more important than solids until he is 1 so you don't want his intake dropping until much closer to that time. He having a lot of solids for his age, so if his milk intake starts to drop at all you may need to scale them back a bit to keep the intake up. Make sure you keep the milk feeds as a priority about an hour before solids too.

Laura