Author Topic: Confused at what to do - 11 month old  (Read 766 times)

Offline jubbs

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: May 28, 2012, 17:11:24 pm »
My lo has not gotten back on track since I've gotten back from vacation 3.5 weeks ago.

He was waking up early everyday ( only doing 10 hr nights) but his naps were ok. Anyways I decided to increase his A time cause he was on the lower end for 11 months.

Our easy looks like this

E 7
S 11 - 1230 ( he used to do 2 hr nap not anymore. Hr would usually sleep fine for the 2 hrs now he's waking at 45 min one day, an hour the next. Sometimes a couple times during a map)
E 1230
S 430
E 530
S 820
He used to sttn. Not anymore. We've been having some wakes at 12 ( he sometimes resettles himself at this time), either 4, 430 or 5 he's up and needs us to resettle him. Then at 6 and refuses to go back to sleep, I usually feed and then he'll sleep till 7

What am I doing wrong? Is the A time too long? Naps too long? I'm totally confused. Before we switched to 4 hr A time he was doing 315. Did I jump too quickly?

Thanks for the help.

Just to add his last nap he did 110 with 3 wake ups. Dunno why. He doesn't seem to be in pain

Really getting frustrated with everything. Hope I can fix it.

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: Confused at what to do - 11 month old
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 09:56:48 am »
Sounds like this might be the info you need right now: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=163278.0

Have a read and let us know what you think. I think the A time is still a little on the low side and maybe a little too much day sleep but I could be wrong.

The wakings are either OT or UT, I think (yeah, on the fence a bit there :P ). The reason I'm not more specific is you say you've just jumped his A times by 45mins which is quite steep and he could be OT just from a large jump - in which case, you should give it some more time to bed down (how long has it been?). He could also be UT because the A times still aren't long enough :-\

You may also be getting a bit of a mental leap: http://www.thewonderweeks.com/index.php/about-the-wonder-weeks/your-babys-10-leaps/mental-leap-7