Author Topic: vent about BFing  (Read 5088 times)

Offline nona

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 95
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 04:06:28 am »
I had a pretty good freezer stash with ds but I cant find the time with dd and ds! If I pump frequently, then less time with ds. Poor kid is really getting the short end of the stick here lately adding to my mommy guilt!!
heather

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
Re: vent about BFing
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 04:18:51 am »
yup- it is frustrating not being able to get out without a bottle back up! And as hamish got older pumping was harder and harder so I was like 'no- this isn't important enough for me to WASTE a bottle!'. I know you're not complaining about breastfeeding all together- but i don't think anything is as beautiful all the time as made out!! Yes- breastfeeding is beautiful, natural, beneficial, (feel free to break into song)- but being able to get out of the house by yourself for longer than 2 hours without your DH calling panicing about what to do with the crying starving baby is DEFINITELY a PITA!!

And yes- it DOES go fast!! And don't feel guilty about wishing the time away- you arent wishing it all away- just the unpleasant parts!!
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 08:44:59 am »
I totally get you, but as you know it does pass quickly and it is a great thing to look back on. I used to have loads of time to pump for dd1 but it is so much harder with more than one. I have to pump every day because I need to give it to x with his medicine so I have had to find time - I find that I have time first thing in the morning while the girls are having breakfast, or I read them a story while I pump, and then I also manage to pump while I am giving x his lunchtime feed - only a couple of ounces,  but if you manage to do that every day then you can build up a couple of emergency bottles relatively quickly.

Offline jennandsophie

• Showing Appreciation 24
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 14:01:04 pm »
I've pumped only a handful of times since DS was born because I hate pumping and I just don't have the time like I did the first time around.  I totally hear you on DS1 getting short-changed on mommy time, but that does change and soon they'll actually be playing together and you'll get way more time back for yourself.
Jennifer - mom to Sophie and Jonas

Offline nona

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 14:12:21 pm »
Katy - exactly!

Thx for all the thoughts.

Dh told me to pump so I can get the purse I was supposed to pick out for mothers day tonight and take a break.

So guess i need to pump now. Battling 45 min naps so again a bit tricky to get it done.

I shd add my 5.5 yo had been sleeping in our room for weeks now so feeling a bit trapped in my own room too. That's a whole other post ::)
heather

Offline jennandsophie

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 15:06:57 pm »
You may not want to consider this, but a couple of times I didn't have enough time to pump and I needed to be away from DS, I told DH to give him formula.  It's helped me relieve the stress of needing to pump and helped DS get used to the taste of formula since he'll be on it once I wean him in a few months.

Offline nona

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 16:06:55 pm »
I'll prob do that after I introduce solids at 6 months. When ds got bigger (8 months?), I did that bc it was impossible for me to pump a huge amount.
heather

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 08:13:58 am »
hugs....hope things get easier.....bfeeding is hard work in so many respects.x

Offline ~*erin*~

• formerly "mama2girls"
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2012, 17:34:36 pm »
don't feel guilty for writing this post! I posted something similar in "the couch" board bc I also feel trapped! and like you, it comes so easily with this baby (#2) unlike my first where we struggled with cracked nipples, blistering, poor latching, low weight gain for almost 3 months only to finally get the hang of it and weaned at 5 months bc I was going back to work early. I also hate pumping (feel like a dairy cow :( ) but am trying to do it a couple times a week and will save it for introducing solids or if hubby finally gets his act together and agrees to do a night feeding once some of his work stress settles down and he can be interrupted in the night time (ugh :P).

Long story short - I hear ya sista, loud and clear!!!!!!! (it helps me to have a goal - mine is to BF for 6months, until roughly October (maybe even for Thanksgiving! (CAN) and definitely by Halloween!), which means that I will have my boobs to myself just in time for my 30th birthday and 5th wedding anniversary, both this November! It definitely is helping me get through the really tough moments/days ...... but I still don't enjoy it!!!! :P) big hugs!

Offline jennandsophie

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 18:27:29 pm »
Quote (selected)
I will have my boobs to myself just in time for my 30th birthday and 5th wedding anniversary, both this November!
LOL!  Can't remember what that was like.  I soooo look forward to wearing a normal bra again instead of my unsightly unsupportive nursing bra.  Will have a burning party in a few months.  Woo hoo!

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 18:43:55 pm »
omg i second that!!!to be able to wear nice underwear again...tis the stuff dreams are made of!!!xxx

Offline ~*erin*~

• formerly "mama2girls"
  • BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 1
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 18:48:31 pm »
that sounds like fun! I didn't even bother buying new bras after my first daughter because I knew I'd be having another baby soon and they wouldn't fit me anyway! haha. And new underwear that AREN"T granny panties (darn c-section scar being sensitive!)! It's the little things in life, right ladies!  ;D

Offline amayzie

• Pinterest Ninja
  • Showing Appreciation 250
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 19:52:23 pm »
The bra is what gets me! I'm often back in wires now as i'm only on a couple of feeds- and i honestly love it! I keep checking out the 'ladies' and thinking 'Looking good!' - Trust me, it's all only comparative... ::)
Katy, Mummy to Hamish!

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2012, 20:27:27 pm »
I just have this horrible feeling that once I stop feeding they are going to disappear altogether! :P I am looking forward to nice underwear though.

Offline ~Sara~

• Showing Appreciation 264
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2012, 21:02:54 pm »
*hugs* Heather!  It does suck sometimes.  Hang in there ;)

Re: the nursing bras, I've always worn an underwire nursing bra...Sorry, after bfing Aaron, the girls have NEVER recovered!
*formerly tersaseda*