Author Topic: Anyone else have a milk-free kid?  (Read 1791 times)

Offline *Kara*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Anyone else have a milk-free kid?
« on: July 21, 2012, 04:08:20 am »
Meaning all milks - no cows milk, almond, coconut etc.

??? ???

DD is still on her formula at 20 months as she reacts to cow's milk... as little as one ounce causes reflux-like symptoms in my non-refluxer!  I have coconut milk but she refuses to drink it more often than not.. I bet she would do fine if I transitioned it in her bottle though!  Just not in the sippy ::)

I am thinking that I will start a wean to coconut milk in her bottle this week (just need a new carton of it!) and see how she does.. I just worry that trying to move to a sippy once she is on the coconut milk will end her milk drinking completely...

Anyone?

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
Re: Anyone else have a milk-free kid?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 04:17:14 am »
Could she be lactose intollerant ??? No idea just a thought ;)
Z won't drink it, unless in a milkshake, or of the chocolate variety (thanks DH ::) ) but his is more about taste I think.

Hugs
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 07:55:14 am »
Dd2 has never really drunk milk - she couldn't cope with cows milk until about 2.5 so she had soy which she never drank and then lactofree which she occasionally drank. Since she became fine with cows milk I don't think she has drunk as much as a pint in total. She eats loads of yoghurts and I put cheese in things (she won't eat cheese either) so I think she is getting enough calcium, even though it is with a bit more sugar than I would like.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 15:53:33 pm »
Not a lactose issue, she drinks cow's milk based formula without an issue... the one she has is whey protein only so I suspect that it is the caesin protein... she is fine with all other dairy too... odd really!  I did try lactose free milk just to be sure - same reaction of the sore tum and refluxy burps...

Offline clazzat

• Showing Appreciation 286
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 18:12:50 pm »
Have you tried goats milk? There are goats milk yoghurts and cheeses if she won't drink the milk, and some who can't have cows are okay with goats.

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 19:33:44 pm »
Nope - her dad was sensitive to cows milk and goat's so I haven't tried it.. not to mention that it costs more than her formula does ;)

Though I did grab a carton of coconut chocolate just to see - she guzzled a whole sippy full!  So, we may be using the chocolate and slowly mixing in the plain ;)