Author Topic: allergic reaction?  (Read 1434 times)

Offline essexlemon

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 10
allergic reaction?
« on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:35 am »
DS has a lot of weird health stuff at the moment (unexplained tiny bruises, knee swellings, jeckyl and Hyde behaviour, possible vasculitis.

We think cows milk makes his behaviour worse so have had him on goats milk for a couple of months.

Just now he was watching me in the kitchen and stealing bits of carrot and stuff.  He used to love raw garlic as a small toddler so I offered him a little. He complained about the taste and I explained how he used to like it and he laughed then grabbed his back and started to cry that it hurt then started weetching but wasn't actually sick. He went very very pale and clammy but his breathing was ok and no swelling anywhere. He was fine within a few minutes (chat chat chat 'why did I used to like garlic mummy?')

Does that sound like a bonafide allergic reaction or just an extreme reaction to the heat and 'rawness' of the garlic. We eat A LOT of garlic and I've never seen him get like that.
My husband is running 13.1 miles in the Great North Run in memory of my brother. Please can you help us raise funds for the Cardiomyopathy Association in his memory?
https://www.justgiving.com/RichardDahler/

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
Re: allergic reaction?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 12:39:48 pm »
Did he choke on it maybe? If you eat a lot of it then I wouldn't have thought it was an allergic reaction.

Offline essexlemon

• Showing Appreciation 10
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 13:32:26 pm »
Thanks BB.

DH suggested it could be that his tummy is troubling again (he will never admit when he is in pain) and the garlic was strong enough to irritate it. I tried a clove myself and it was a pretty strong NE so I think it may havebeen more of a reaction like if you eat a chilli that's too hot.

He certainly seems fine now. Frightened the life out of me at the time though.
My husband is running 13.1 miles in the Great North Run in memory of my brother. Please can you help us raise funds for the Cardiomyopathy Association in his memory?
https://www.justgiving.com/RichardDahler/

Offline Buntybear

• Food Allergies
  • Showing Appreciation 130
  • Just the wheat allergy to go now!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 14:27:45 pm »
I bet it did. I would have been beside myself  :-*