Author Topic: grocery shopping  (Read 1927 times)

Offline maggie2

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
grocery shopping
« on: August 25, 2012, 12:50:27 pm »
Hey ladies:)

for those of us in the US... Thought I'd pass this along - its a relatively new online natural foods buying club of sorts - they've got a good selection of allergen-free foods available at wholesale prices - you can shop by filtering specifically to your needs as well, so if you need gluten/casein free items, you can check that box and it will display only those foods in that category.

Anyway..  there's a promotion right now where if you purchase the basic membership ($50), you get a $50 coupon to use with your first order (your order has to be over $75 to use the coupon though!!!)  So basically the membership is free so I think it's a good deal if I'm understanding it correctly!!!  You need to enter the code CLUB50 when you checkout.

I just joined the other day so have yet to receive my order but I really like the idea and the business is growing and they have plans to include frozen/refrigerated foods, grass-fed meat, breads and if you're on the west coast, you can get fresh organic produce as well (will be expanding that service to the east coast hopefully by this december).

Also - you don't have to do this, and I don't want people to think that I'm posting this for my own benefit, but if you do sign up it'd be awesome if you entered my referral code:)  There are certain membership levels where you can get an additional percentage off your own order if you refer people (this is worth checking out too!!!), so I'd appreciate it if you do sign up as a referral but I really just wanted to share because I know how difficult and expensive it can be to shop for foods that are allergen free!  It's a wholesale club (like Costco) but online and only 'natural' foods fee of GMO's and the like.

Here's the site:  http://www.greenpolkadotbox.com/invite/id/635/

referral code:  48895

Oh darn - you might need to enter my email address as well - oh well - I don't want to post that here!!  If you feel so inclined to pm me for it I'll give it out, but I don't blame you if you don't, lol. 

But do consider the site - I think it's got a ton of potential and they're adding new foods everyday practically (I've been following it for over a year now but just joined yesterday).  You can also request certain foods easily - it's run by a family and they are very nice and really looking for feedback (customer service was really helpful and attentive too!!).

I'll let you guys know how my first order goes:)

ps - oh yeah - orders over $75 are always free shipping, which makes it even better!

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
Re: grocery shopping
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 13:53:43 pm »
Darn, they don't ship to Canada!
Heidi

Offline maggie2

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 17:40:29 pm »
Darn, they don't ship to Canada!

I know:(  You should check back though - in the FAQ section, it says they plan to extend the service up your way:)

Offline MasynSpencerElliotte

• Showing Appreciation 249
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 00:34:48 am »
Oh, I will bookmark it then and check it! Would be so nice to not have to go to tons of stores to track stuff down.  That, and we always have to travel to shop for Spencer as our local store doesn't have much.
Heidi

Offline maggie2

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »
lol - I think I complicated things with all that referral nonsense :P  If you do want to sign up, just use the link provided and don't worry about all the other stuff...