Author Topic: Breastfeeding fully for 4days/week but only 2feeds for other 3days-will it work?  (Read 967 times)

Offline zoem

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
I am currently exclusively breastfeeding my 4.5 mth old.I am going back to work in a month for 3 days a week till Christmas. I want to keep breastfeeding for every feed I am with my DD including throughout the whole day on the four days I am with her.It's a new job so I don't know how easy it will be for me to pump at work.A couple of my friends think that even if I am not pumping while at work,my body will regulate to give 4 feeds to my DD on the days that I am off and only 2 feeds for the days I am not with her (the nursery will  feed her formula).Does anyone have any experience with this?Can my body regulate in this way?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
I know people who have done similar.  What hours are you working when you do go back to work?

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
will you be working 4 days in a row or have a day at home in between?

Offline zoem

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 2
I will probably be working 3 days in a row ie tues-thurs and working hours probably 8:30- 5 but this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Showing Appreciation 585
If you could manage a morning feed, feed on pick up, bedtime feed and DF on the days you work it could be done fairly easily i think.   Even if no DF, you'd still beable to fit in 3 feeds.  If you are working days in a row you may need to work on gettign a pumping session in mid afternoon initially just to head off any supply issues. 

Offline *happy*

• Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
sorry,meant 3 days.do you think you could manage the feeds with your commute etc?