Author Topic: When to feed at Night?  (Read 677 times)

Offline Becfromnz

• Navigating being a first time Mum!
  • New & Learning The Ropes
  • Showing Appreciation 0
When to feed at Night?
« on: September 02, 2012, 21:53:55 pm »
Hi beautiful Mums out there,

I am just wanting a bit of guidance about my DS and his night wakings. Up until recently, he was taking longer naps most of the time, but now seems to have been bitten by the 45 minute monster! However, even with longer naps, his nightwakings were pretty similar to now. He seems to wake at around 2 regardless of dreamfeed (though i have never been consistent with df...just kind of tried it every now and then to see if it would make a difference kinda thing). Now when he wakes at 2, I don’t think he is hungry because he will take a dummy and go back to sleep. He will then wake at 4 hungry and not want dummy at all, so this is when I normally feed him, and he will then sleep until 7. I am just wondering how to stretch the time between the dreamfeed (if i do it consistently) and the 4am feed? Would I be better to try and feed at the 2am waking, and see if that gets him through until later than 4am, or do I keep just feeding at 4, hoping he will eventually give up on the 2am waking? In the past, he was sleeping up to 6-7 hour blocks at some stage of the night but that seems to have disappeared! Ironically, that was before I started EASY so I have no idea what we did to achieve that!
E: 7:30
S: 8:30 until 9:20 (tried to get back off to sleep, no luck)
E: 10:00
S: In bed at 11:00, sleep 11:30 until 12:00 (tried to get back off to sleep, no luck)
E: 1:00
S: 2:45 until 3:30 (tried to get back off to sleep, no luck)
E: 4:00
S: 5:00 until 6:00
A: Bath
E: 6:40
S: Bed at 7:00, asleep 7:40, awake at 8:30, 2:00, 4:00, 7:00

Many Thanks for any suggestions that anyone can offer!

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: When to feed at Night?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 17:53:34 pm »
As this issue was also posted on the breast feeding board, please offer any suggestions you may have here: http://babywhispererforums.com/index.php?topic=242131.0