Author Topic: Another thread about 4-5am feed  (Read 827 times)

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Another thread about 4-5am feed
« on: September 04, 2012, 19:50:31 pm »
So Audrey MOSTLY sleeps through apart from a feed at 3-4-5am ish. She goes straight back to sleep usually until 7. At the moment she's teething and got a cold so she's been waking a bit more often and a bit earlier in the am but I hope it will go back.

Anyway, I'm kind of tired of that feed. I'd like it to go. BUT I have a mortal fear of EWs and my worst nightmare would be that by doing PUPD at 4 or 5 am I somehow inadvertently got her into the habit of waking in the 5am hour. So I'm wondering whether I should actively try and drop that feed, or keep it maybe until after the 2-1 is made in the hopes that she might drop it herself (I'm not hopeful).

She eats tons of solids (BLW), BFs well during the day, is on the 99.6th centile for weight so we're absolutely not worried about her needing the calories.

Offline Erin M

• The Sentinel
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 521
Re: Another thread about 4-5am feed
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 00:35:53 am »
Can you make it a little feed?  Once I suspected they didn't need it anymore, I would try one-sided at first and then try to decrease.  That way, the calories were shifting to the day already and it was easier to just resettle one night instead of feed. It's a pretty gradual approach (PU/pd would be faster, but I'm a big chicken at 3/4/5 AM) but it did work.