Author Topic: Snacks during the day, feeds all night please help  (Read 965 times)

Offline ashley10

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 10
Snacks during the day, feeds all night please help
« on: September 10, 2012, 16:15:35 pm »
I'm back!!! I don't know how this happened  but when we transitioned from 3 hr feeds to 4 hr feeds we somehow got off track I think and for a few weeks now only has small feeds during he day (too distracted and not interested) and then wakes every 2hrs on the dot at night to feed. Will take a full one side and then back to bed. He is on solids which I cut back to try to get him to take more during the day but no change. The multiple night wakings are killing me. He has always feed 3 times a night since birth and has never gone longer than 5 hrs a couple of times. We are now all over the place. Don't even think our easy exists. I am trying to get him on a bottle but still always offer the boob to him. Sometimes he will only be on 30 seconds and then pulls off to look around. Don't know how to fix this....please help.

Offline *Ali*

• Breast Feeding & Pregnancy/Childbirth
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 373
  • Caught in the act!
Re: Snacks during the day, feeds all night please help
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 21:06:59 pm »
Looking at your other posts is he about 6mo now?
There is a huge growth spurt at 6mo, could he be going through that?
When and where are you trying to feed him? I always found my DS1 would feed better still in the darkened nursery in quiet so that he didn't get distracted.
How does he go to sleep? Independently? If he is feeding to sleep that can mean he doesn't take a full feed and is hungry again sooner. Feeding to sleep can also mean he needs to feed every time he wakes at night as he cannot self-settle. 
Cadan Dec 2009 and Colby Aug 2011