Author Topic: fromage frais AND yoghurt...too much?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline *happy*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 55
  • blessed to have found BWing.xxx
fromage frais AND yoghurt...too much?
« on: September 19, 2012, 19:27:22 pm »
my LO isn't super at taking bottles, so i try to give her some calcium in other ways.we're working on the grated cheese (the floor gets most of it!) but today, i gave her an oz natural yog at lunch & a small pot of fromage frais at tea (usually i give one or the other)...is this too much? TIA!

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
Re: fromage frais AND yoghurt...too much?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 20:42:28 pm »
Wouldn't have thought so - J would eat yoghurt all day every day if I let her!! She eats a pot of fromage frais and probably some yoghurt or cheese too most days.  Have you tried chunks of mild cheddar as finger food?  Big favourite here!

Offline ZacsMumme

• Showing Appreciation 425
  • You complete me
    • Tomi & Roo Boutique
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 06:26:24 am »
J would eat yoghurt all day every day if I let her!!
So would Z ::)
I also wouldnt worry unless she shows any signs of discomfort from too much....unless there is a dairy allergy or intolerance then here (NZ) there isn't really a 'limit' for dairy intake at this age as long as its not ALL your feeding your LO :P
***Sara***
https://www.facebook.com/tomiandroo

DS1 - Our sensitive soul. Silent reflux.

DS2 Our cheeky chipmunk. Reflux, MSPI.

Offline *happy*

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 07:49:58 am »
cool!thanks a mill!ya, DD is the same-she love both!!!!i only wish she had teh same reaction to pasta/texture!x

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 08:02:01 am »
With the texture thing - have found J doesn't mind it at all generally but doesn't seem to like those tiny pasta shapes much.  Have you tried things like lightly mashed banana, mashed apple/pear instead of pureed?  For veggie/fruit combinations - pear and parsnip, sweet potato and apple? 

Offline *happy*

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 08:25:45 am »
i made the mistake of being super-organised so i have oodles of pureed stuff in the freezer, hence why i'm trying to add things to create a texture.im wondering if i could add something other that pasta though?maybe couscous?hmm....
i'll def try those fruit/veg combinations....thanks!
she'll eat  mashed banana/avocado no problems & doesn't seem to mind the texture of rice cakes etc either....maybe it is just the pasta.
we're going out this afternoon (big excursion!!!i'm leaving the house!!!yay!!!) so i said i'd do "lunch" this morning & leave the foolproof cereal & fruit till we're out.i didnt give herpasta though & she finished 2oz of the "lovely lentils" from AK's book & sweet potato & spinach!wasn't thrilled with it but we do a "spoonswap" & get there in ther end!