Author Topic: What foods to eat when trying to determine food allergies??  (Read 1447 times)

Offline mandij08

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
What foods to eat when trying to determine food allergies??
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:20:23 am »
A quick summary,,,,DD has a milk allergy, I have been dairy, egg, nut and fish free for 1mth. I am suspecting a wheat allergy now, or something else in my diet.        What did you eat when trying to figure out what your DD /DS was allergic too?? I see some babies have odd allergies and I dont wanna miss anything.         I thought  I read somewhere that you can go on chicken and rice and add things slowly???       I know milk takes 2-4wks to get out of my system. what about other things like wheat, eggs, nuts, fruits, vegs, oils and etc????? I dont want to bring things back in my diet to quickly. TIA

Offline abbysmomma

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 26
Re: What foods to eat when trying to determine food allergies??
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 02:32:58 am »
Try taking out the most comon allergens first (dairy, egg, wheat, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts treenuts) theen add them back iin one by one. I'm just not sure abbout tthe timeline though. Try posing the question at kidswithfoodalleries.org and you might get more answers. I knew something was up with my son while he wwas exclusively breastfeeding, but didn't pinpoint what until hhe started solids. Turns out he was allergic to four out of the list above plus one more (sesame, whisch is also getting to be a common one). Good luck!

Offline mandij08

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: What foods to eat when trying to determine food allergies??
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 14:13:10 pm »
Thank you for that site!  I am going to check it out :)