Author Topic: New to EASY - advice needed re cluster/df please  (Read 1045 times)

Offline xrebekahx

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
New to EASY - advice needed re cluster/df please
« on: October 20, 2012, 16:55:27 pm »
Hi all

After getting loads of advice and parenting books whilst pregnant I got totally confused re which I wanted to try and then when Ethan arrived on 4th sept I was completely shell shocked and over whelmed. Now that we're getting into are stride well a little I want to start the EASY day. Ethan will be 7weeks on Tuesday coming so I hope I havnt left it too late to start. I have already posted in the napping section to which I had a great reply an basically I was greatly over stimulating Ethan by having wake time lasting 2hrs naughty mummy :-( however or already changed this today and Ethan has had and is currently have the best naps ever!

My question is re cluster feeding and dream feeding how much should I give or provide Ethan and what approximately would he take? We are bottle feeding with 5oz bottles with Ethan taking 4-4.5oz occasionally nearly 5oz.
Thanks ladies
Rebekah xx

Offline Lolly

• Bottle Feeding, Discipline and Socialization
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 318
Re: New to EASY - advice needed re cluster/df please
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 18:13:04 pm »
I always offered a full feed and then they can take as much as they want! That said, Tracy suggests dropping the cluster feeds around 8 weeks to combine into 1 feed so it may not be worth changing what you are already doing too much.

Laura

Offline xrebekahx

• New & Learning The Ropes!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
Re: New to EASY - advice needed re cluster/df please
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 18:21:23 pm »
Laura ur fab thanks again! Started Ethan at 6:20 but he kept falling asleep which for him normally means wind is trapped so I contined the rest of the routine wash down changed and changed for bed then he took the rest of the fed which is 5oz so I won't bother trying cluster feed jst get the dream feed in.
Thanks again Laura hoping the book is here in the morning so I can start reading hubby is only off for one more week.

Rebekah xx