Author Topic: Am I putting DS to bed too early?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline Eggimou

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:05:06 am »
Hi guys!!
We put our son to bed about 630pm and he generally falls asleep right away. However, he almost always wakes before 10 crying for food! And he's hungry too. Eats a full feed. It's not even 10 yet. The dilemma is that he does have his catnap between 5 and 6 but when he wakes, he's so cranky, whining, squirming and rubbing his eyes. That's one of the reasons we get him to bed at 630. He immediately stops all this when he goes to bed. He's 4 months old. Hes on the 4 hour EASY plan. Anyone have any feedback?

Offline Jaxsta81

• BW Devotee
  • Showing Appreciation 2
Re: Am I putting DS to bed too early?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 05:55:05 am »
I've been giving my LO a dream feed at 10pm since he was born and he's now 6 months and still needs it - have you thought about implementing one of those in there. Generally, he can go through till morning for another feed.

Maybe also he's cranky cos he thinks the 5pm sleep is his bedtime!? It's so hard as I've wondered if I've done that before and when they wake you think "god should I just skip the bath, do a bottle and put them straight back to bed!?!".

Can you shift your EASY a bit so his CN is a bit earlier - say 4pm-5pm?

Offline Shiv52

• The Diplomat
  • Global Moderator
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 585
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:22:22 am »
Can you post the whole day?

Offline Eggimou

• New, But Posting Steadily!
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 14:54:49 pm »
I do the dream feed between 10 and 11 when I can. My problem was that he was waking before the dream feed crying for food. Even if I give him a dream feed (on the rare night he makes it to 1030ish, he STILL wakes around 3 whining for food.
My day is as follows...
7am up and feed
Activity 7-830-845ish
845-9ish sleep
Wakes at 11 usually
Feed at 11
Activity until 1240-1250ish
Sleep by 1250-1ish
Wakes a few times during this nap but mostly back to sleep
Feed at 3
CN between 5-6
Bath at 615
Feed at 630 and bed

Offline anna*

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 900
  • My two
Re: Am I putting DS to bed too early?
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 15:04:14 pm »
Honestly it looks like he's doing great. If he's feeding twice overnight, you're doing fantastically with him and he is having lovely long naps. If he wakes at (say) 9, I would resettle him without feeding him, but if it's 10 I would just feed him, he's obviously hungry and if it sees him through til 4am that's ace. The other thing you could try is doing a DF at like 9.45, trying to catch him before he wakes up, and then after a week try pushing it to 10pm and then 10.15pm.