Author Topic: Dr. Brown Bottles  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Barley

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« on: November 01, 2012, 23:52:16 pm »
I am hoping someone who used Dr. Brown Bottles can refresh my memory for what you do when making an 8 oz. bottle. I can not remember if with my first born when he hit that amount if we continued to make individual bottles or one batch and poor it in. I know the problem with doing it individually is that when making an 8 oz it puts over the line and the bottle starts to leak.

Just curious with how others who used Dr. Brown has handle this.

Thanks!

Offline ENMS

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 63
Re: Dr. Brown Bottles
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 00:23:21 am »
Hi!

I have the Dr Brown's mixing pitcher and I make a batch at night for the next day bc the formula we're using has a chalk consistency if it's not mixed with very hot water! I pour it in bottles then (usually 8.5 oz, BT 9.5 oz) and they don't leak! :)
Elise

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 20:10:49 pm »
I make an 8 oz bottle (which turns into just over 9oz once the formula is mixed) and it hasn't leaked yet...but I do use a thickener and maybe that is why it doesn't leak?  If you find you are getting leaks you could mix the formula as regular and pour out the one oz that would put it over the line into a bottle that you put in the fridge, then once you have two or more ozs add it to another bottle (so only make a 6 oz or 4 oz bottle that time).  That way if you still want to continue to try to make individual bottles you can!
-Nadia

Offline Barley

• BW Aficionado
  • Showing Appreciation 0
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 16:15:32 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion. I finally decided to just start making and extra bottle and splitting it across the 3 bottles I send to daycare. That way I don't have to worry about leaking and making sure she has enough to eat if she wants it.

Offline Canadian_Mom

• Showing Appreciation 15
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 22:04:59 pm »
Glad to hear you found a solution :)
-Nadia