Author Topic: Dream Feed for 6 month old?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
  • Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 44
Dream Feed for 6 month old?
« on: November 16, 2012, 14:49:56 pm »
Hi all, so my LO liam will be 6 months on Saturday. We've had a devil of a time with Reflux but the past month has been much much better since we got his meds figured out. He's eating 5 bottles a day, 4 bottles during the day and one night feed. I can't get him to yet take enough during the day to sleep through the night. He'll take about 18-22oz during the day and then a 6-7oz bottle at night. He was waking around 11:45 on his own so that was fine then it moved to 1:45 that was still fine but now it's getting later and making it harder for him to fall back to sleep. Yesterday it was 2:45am and I only gave him 4oz because I didn't want to ruin his AM bottle and he took about 45min to go back to sleep. I used to do the DF when he was younger but he would always wake up and then it seemed to make him wake up more often. I don't know if that was the DF or the reflux because at the time his Reflux wasn't under control. I tried a DF the other day but he only would eat 4oz instead of his usual 6-7oz and I couldn't keep him alert enough to eat and then he woke up 15min after crying.. So I didn't do it last night. I know it can take upwards of a week to start working but I'm not sure if I should do a DF or just wake him around like 1AM and do a feed then which I know isn't a DF but if I don't and he' sleeps till 3am again not sure what to do.
My dreamed for Angel Baby DD (other than dreaded 40min naps) Born 4/30/16
Reflux, MSPI, Love my Spirited,textbook little munchkin DS Born 5/17/2012

**Siobhan**

Offline *Kara*

• Showing Appreciation 184
  • So little!
Re: Dream Feed for 6 month old?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 20:27:47 pm »
I wouldn't do either actually ;)  If he is moving that feed later and later, he is likely going to wean it himself.. stick to limiting it to 4 ozs and see if that helps him shift those calories ;)

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 22:34:14 pm »
really? I'm just concerned because with out the full 7oz he wont take enough for the day? If I limit it to 4 he'd only be eating like 24oz with no solids or minimum solids right now.

**Siobhan**

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 22:50:58 pm »
If you consistently reduce it, he should shift those calories to his daytime bottles or take more solids to compensate.  It might take a couple of days for him to adjust though...

Offline Skadiver13

• General Sleep
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 23:41:18 pm »
ok.. I'm just so scared ykwim? He had such bad reflux and it's only in the past month I've been able to get him to take more than 3oz at a time, I'm scared to mess with it. :) But I'll start tonight. He took a total of 22oz so far so doing only 4 should be ok because he took 1.5Tb of sweet potato too.  Thanks. When should I start reducing it from 4?

**Siobhan**

Offline *Kara*

• So little!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2012, 04:52:56 am »
When should I start reducing it from 4?

When he is much more established on solids ;)  Or when it starts to effect his first bottle of the day.... not before.

How big are each of his daytime bottles?