Author Topic: 7.5 month old...need help getting back on track!!  (Read 14919 times)

Offline Charjanemom

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 6
Re: 7.5 month old...need help getting back on track!!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 12:11:04 pm »
Today will be day 5 although we did do 3.5 last week the I got worried that it was too much.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 13:11:54 pm »
Today she woke at 550. Haven't had that early for a few days. She is happily babbling away. So I do think we need to increase again. We have swimming again at 4 today so will be doing short am capped nap so I won't be able to gage by nap length. Staying home tomorrow and Friday to try and get things more sorted. I'm still debating capping the am nap as she seems so much more herself with a longer night. I guess if I decide to go that way I need to play around with the a time before pm nap. Looking back at my notes it was 3 hrs after a 45 min nap that she went down for a pm one. Seems like a lot doesn't it?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 17:57:12 pm »
Any tips on sticking to easy and A times when dealing with teething? Poor dd is finally cutting her first tooth I think. She was so sad earlier this morning. She had an 11 hr night but woke up with a cry which is rare. I was trying to comfort about 40 mins before nap time and waiting for meds to kick in she fell asleep on my shoulder :( so much drool hand biting and tears!
Do I just watch the clock? I feel so bad for her and don't want to mess up what we are working on. Do you find teething makes babies more tired?

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 18:50:09 pm »
Teething can make some babies more sleepy, others just appear so but will short nap if put down too early. If she seems more tired than usual you can try putting her down 10mins or so early but don't go too short or it can backfire. A confusing thing for us is that DD pretty much always wakes up crying when teething so it's hard to judge UT vs OT. I always medicate before naps when teething too otherwise we just get short naps. The other things you can do are try to resettle short naps as much as possible (fine to AP) and go for earlier bedtime than usual if you think she needs it. Hope the tooth cuts soon x

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 19:25:16 pm »
Ok thanks ;) we don't want things to backfire so I will try to stay with our plan.

I did 3 hr 40 min A this morning rather than 3.5 and got 1hr 15 min. Woke happy! So I'm going to stay there for a few more days and see how we go.

Is this high for 8 months?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 11:06:33 am »
It's on the higher end but my DD was doing about that much by then :)  She's always been pretty high A needs.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 13:28:07 pm »
I'm guessing this is why I never had good pm naps. She woke sad always thought it was ot.

I guess the higher A means we will be moving to one nap sooner rather than later.

I'm going to hold steady at 3 hr 40 for a few days. Yesterday morning we had 1 hr 15 min. Usually her nap is longer than that but I've been finding with new a it takes a bit for things to lengthen.

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 13:46:21 pm »
Great plan :)

I've found sometimes J will have an UT nap but wake crying because she's still tired, just not tired enough to keep sleeping.  The pm nap was always a mess here!

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 14:04:05 pm »
Lessons learned ;)

We had a 10 hr 50 min night last night. She wakes so happy which sometimes makes me worry its ot hyper but I need stop doubting myself.

Did you find crawling effects sleep especially early in the morning. I find she wants to wake around 6 ish and try to crawl and roll all around her crib. Her brain seems so busy right now ;)

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 18:51:10 pm »
I think others here have found developmental changes can really disrupt sleep. I've always found it really hard to know what's developmental and what's just the routine being off!

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2012, 20:59:09 pm »
Katherine, I know I asked before about ot signs just wondering about happy ew. Babbling etc. I would assume they are ut but I know I have read ot can make them appear hyper. I would not say she is hyper. Just laying there testing out her voice.

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2012, 22:44:03 pm »
And if I think she is ot what do I do? She just looks so tired in her eyes and lots of sleep cues way earlier than normal. In a month we have increased our a 45min to an hour. Does that seem to much?

I don't want to go backwards but want her well rested. Maybe due to the crawling her sleep at night is not as peaceful?

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2012, 07:34:57 am »
Until recently I would have said happy EWs are UT but I know J's recently had some babbling wake ups when she is definitely OT. Does your LO resettle after chatting or is she up for the day? If you think she needs a catch up day, I'd try shortening your first A time for a day or two and see if she will take a slightly longer nap to catch up, and you can also bring BT slightly earlier - again just for a day or two until she seems better rested :)

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2012, 13:16:56 pm »
I'm so frustrated and confused. I know my LO user to lover her night sleep. I'm just getting concerned. Another 10.5 hr night. She wakes happy. I really don't know if its ot or ut. She isn't hyper bouncing all around. I don't know how to get back to 11 hr nights. I can tell such a difference in her when she has a longer night. What do I do??

Offline jessmum46

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2012, 13:20:22 pm »
Can you post your whole EASY?  If she's having good naps and a 10.5h night, it may just be all she needs right now :)