Author Topic: 7.5 month old...need help getting back on track!!  (Read 14920 times)

Offline becj86

• Resident BW Chatterbox!
  • Showing Appreciation 346
Re: 7.5 month old...need help getting back on track!!
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 10:29:25 am »
The plan was to stick to the same times for a few days, yes?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2012, 12:56:50 pm »
I think so?!?

She woke at 530 this morning babbling away. So back to a 10.5 hr night. I just don't understand. I'm ready to pull my hair out. This is nuts. I just don't get what I'm missing. I felt like when I put her down she was undertired as she played around before falling asleep. Now 20 minutes later she is moaning. The day before last when we had the good night...she had shots that day so I don't know if its a fluke that those made her extra sleepy 
We have been dealing with this for a month now and I'm at my witts end. She is totally different baby when she sleep less. Do I push her am nap back even though its good? Do I increase second A? What do I do. Yesterday morning when I put her down for her morning nap she messed around a bit in her crib and fussed. She usually goes down very easy. So I don't know if even though she had a good nap she needs more A or what. It's just nuts how much her nights have changed. Now it's 25 mins and she is crying. I wonder if she is slightly ut which is causing the waking but still tired if that makes sense?help!!

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 14:22:09 pm »
Looking back at my notes on Tuesday we did 3 hr before am nap then 3.5 before pm then another 3.5 till bed where yesterday I did the afternoon at 3 hr 10 as she seemed tired so I'm going to attempt to duplicate that good day and see. She is just miserable and whiny which is so sad and why I feel so frustrated. She is usually the happiest sweetest thing. I feel like such a bad mom because I can't figure this out

Offline becj86

« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2012, 02:01:23 am »
Often one day isn't enough to get a pattern that's going to work because the days and night leading up to it have some bearing as well, but worth sticking to 3 - 3.5 - 3.5 to see if that's the optimal routine for her at the moment.

Offline jessmum46

• Showing Appreciation 411
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2012, 08:10:46 am »
Totally agree with Bec :)  How about sticking to those time for the next 3 days and then coming back to give us an update on how it's been going?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2012, 13:40:42 pm »
Ok will do. Not sure how to do today. Woke at 520. Started fussing 30 min later. Put herself to sleep for a few then I had to come settle her a few finally at 615 she was really upset. Sat in chair didn't even rock and she passed right out. Do I start my day from when she wakes from the rocker?
I'm thinking ot. She woke at 530 yesterday morning and although I didn't get her up till 615 I put her down at 930. The day we had the great day and night it was 3 hrs from when she woke not from when I got her up. Poor thing was a wreck from the minute I got her up yesterday :(

Offline becj86

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:13 am »
Alrighty, I'm going to suggest something that is a little bit last-resort but I think will give you and DD some consistency: set naps.

Basically, there are times that baby's biorhythms best suit sleep - around 9am and 2pm for most babies, so presuming starting the day at 6, that would work nicely with her A times and set BT at 6:30/7pm which is pretty reasonable, at least in my book. I think once you're offering naps consistently and not tweaking, you will be better able to see some patterns emerge. Also set times for naps and bedtime will help her self-regulate better with respect to sleep totals.

What do you think?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2012, 14:12:27 pm »
I would be open to that but would have more questions before starting. We had a 7-6 night last night. So...I think I should give this routine a couple more days before deciding to jump ship. I was trying the 3,3.5,3.5 thing. Yesterday morning she woke at 530 needed help resettling etc. ended up aping in rocker till 7.
Wu 7
S 10-12 I woke her
S 330-415 I laid with her as I just wanted to get through the day and pm naps are a pain
S 7-6!!
So I'm going to see how we do the next few days and then decide. Thanks for putting another idea out for us to try ;)

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2012, 17:33:37 pm »
So after a good night I guess she needs more than 3 hrs A. She messed around then I redid wind down and finally went down. Just when I thought I got it figured out ;)

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #84 on: December 03, 2012, 15:00:18 pm »
Well Saturday night she only slept 10.5 again then woke up chatty ready to go. Again I sat in the chair with her and she fell asleep. Is this likely due to ot?? Yesterday was horrible with naps. Messing around then ot etc. This morning woke after 10 hr 20 ready to go. I decided that she is happy I would give her 15 min to settle otherwise I will try to help. When I pick her up her breathing is so fast it's crazy. Which really makes me think its ot even though she is chatty plus she will fall back asleep for another hour.
What do I do?? Yesterday was a mess and wasn't able to stay to 3,3.5,3.5 as she was crazy with her naps.
I just don't know what to do anymore

Offline becj86

« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2012, 09:26:21 am »
I think after a good night, you could try 3.5, 3.5, 3 just to get the good naps into her. Make sense?

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2012, 10:17:33 am »
Ya I was wondering that too but yesterday she went down at 3 hrs no problem. I had to cap her am nap due to swimming at 415 in order to fit 2 naps in. We are out of the 29/30 week separation anxiety thing but I'm wondering if that is playing in to it. Plus I have due a lot more aping this past month then ever. Now tonight she woke at 1245 and 245. No idea what that's about. Both times she needed help settling. Yesterday am was the first time I brought her in bed rather than sitting in the rocker so I hope she isn't crying cuz that's what she wants ?!? I gave teething meds just now in case its teeth

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #87 on: December 04, 2012, 16:28:18 pm »
I really think we are dealing with some sa. Yesterday and today she doesn't want me out of her sight. I reassure her but what else can I do? She just learned to say mom and is saying it non stop when she gets upset. Do I just continue to reassure her and rub her back if she needs help settling for naps etc

Offline becj86

« Reply #88 on: December 04, 2012, 19:20:41 pm »
Yes, best to reassure her that you're there for her always with SA. Here are some tips: Tips for seperation anxiety

Offline Charjanemom

• Showing Appreciation 6
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2012, 14:47:23 pm »
Thanks I will read that.

Horrible night last night. Up at 3 resettled quickly then 345-430. Gave meds then a bottle which drank it all 5 oz.Then woke at 6. Now sitting in rocker for almost 2 hrs with her. I think I feel a bump in her gums and there has also been way more drool. I'm just starting to stress that if it is not teething what is going on. We also have had 2 days of not so great naps which I guess could be part of it. I think she needs more than 3 A in the am like u said a few days ago as I tried 3 yesterday am and she resisted. Fell asleep at 315 but only napped 1 hr 10. Ok to increase with teething??
I feel like she is forgetting how to put herself to sleep in the motn. But when I see her on the monitor crying she is crawling around in circles. Almost looks lost. I put her down at bt drowsy. Puts herself to sleep drowsy. Can these NW be ot? We are having mostly 10.5 nights. Maybe once a wk 11.